Abundance of Chemical Elements in RR Lyrae Variables and their Kinematic Parameters
- 15 Downloads
A catalog of the chemical and spatial-kinematic parameters of 415 RR Lyrae variables (Lyrids) in the galactic field is compiled. Spectroscopic determinations of the relative abundances of 13 chemical elements in 101 of the RR Lyrae variables are collected from 25 papers published between 1995 and 2017. The data from different sources are reduced to a single solar abundance scale. The mean weighted chemical abundances are calculated with coefficients inversely proportional to the reported errors. An analysis of the deviations in the published relative abundances in each star from the mean square values calculated from them reveals an absence of systematic biases among the results from the various articles. The rectangular coordinates of 407 of the RR Lyrae variables and the components of the three-dimensional (3D) velocities of 401 of the stars are calculated using data from several sources. The collected data on the abundances of chemical elements produced by various nuclear fusion processes for the RR Lyrae variables of the field, as well as the calculated 3D velocities, can be used for studying the evolution of the Galaxy.
KeywordsRR Lyrae variables in the galactic field abundance of chemical elements kinematic parameters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.R. Kurucz, ATLAS9 Stellar Atmosphere Programs and 2 km/s grid. Kurucz CD-ROM No. 13, Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, Cambridge, Mass. (1993).Google Scholar
- 7.C. Sneden, B.-Q. For, and G. W. Preston, in: A. McWilliam, ed., RR Lyrae Stars, Metal-poor Stars, and the Galaxy, Carnegie Observatories Astrophys. Ser. 5, 196 (2011).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Liu, G. Zhao, Y.-Q. Chen, et al., Research in Astron. Astrophys. 13, 1307 (2013).Google Scholar
- 14.V. A. Marsakov, M. L. Gozha, and V. V. Koval’, Astron. zh. 95, 54 (2018).Google Scholar
- 15.V. A. Marsakov, M. L. Gozha, V. V. Koval’, et al., Astrofizika (2018, in press).Google Scholar