Investigation of generalized Fick’s and Fourier’s laws in the second-grade fluid flow
- 46 Downloads
The second-grade fluid flow due to a rotating porous stretchable disk is modeled and analyzed. A porous medium is characterized by the Darcy relation. The heat and mass transport are characterized through Cattaneo-Christov double diffusions. The thermal and solutal stratifications at the surface are also accounted. The relevant nonlinear ordinary differential systems after using appropriate transformations are solved for the solutions with the homotopy analysis method (HAM). The effects of various involved variables on the temperature, velocity, concentration, skin friction, mass transfer rate, and heat transfer rate are discussed through graphs. From the obtained results, decreasing tendencies for the radial, axial, and tangential velocities are observed. Temperature is a decreasing function of the Reynolds number, thermal relaxation parameter, and Prandtl number. Moreover, the mass diffusivity decreases with the Schmidt number.
Key wordssecond-grade liquid thermal and solutal stratification Cattaneo-Christov double diffusion rotating stretchable disk
Chinese Library ClassificationO361
2010 Mathematics Subject Classification75A10
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- HAYAT, T., QAYYUM, S., IMTIAZ, M., and ALSAEDI, A. Impact of Cattaneo-Christov heat flux in Jeffrey fluid flow with homogeneous-heterogeneous reactions. PloS One, 11, e0148662(2016)Google Scholar
- SHEHZAD, S. A., ABBASI, F. M., HAYAT, T., and AHMAD, B. Cattaneo-Christov heat flux model for third-grade fluid flow towards exponentially stretching sheet. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 37(6), 761–768 (2016) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10483-016-2088-6 MathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- MERAJ, M. A., SHEHZAD, S. A., HAYAT, T., ABBASI, F. M., and ALSAEDI, A. Darcy-Forchheimer flow of variable conductivity Jeffrey liquid with Cattaneo-Christov heat flux theory. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 38(4), 557–566 (2017) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10483-017-2188-6 MathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- ZHAO, Q., XU, H., TAO, L., RAEES, A., and SUN, Q. Three-dimensional free bio-convection of nanofluid near stagnation point on general curved isothermal surface. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 37(4), 417–432 (2016) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10483-016-2046-9 MathSciNetCrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- HAYAT, T., MAKHDOOM, S., AWAIS, SALEEM, S., and RASHIDI, M. M. Axisymmetric Powell-Eyring fluid flow with convective boundary condition: optimal analysis. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 37(7), 919–928 (2016) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10483-016-2093-9 MathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar