Numerical simulations of sloshing and suppressing sloshing using the optimization technology method
- 36 Downloads
Sloshing is a common phenomenon in nature and industry, and it is important in many fields, such as marine engineering and aerospace engineering. To reduce the sloshing load on the side walls, the topology optimization and optimal control methods are used to design the shape of the board, which is fixed in the middle of the tank. The results show that the new board shape, which is designed via topology optimization, can significantly reduce the sloshing load on the side wall.
Keywordssloshing volume of fluid (VOF) method suppressing sloshing topology optimization
Chinese Library ClassificationO353.4
2010 Mathematics Subject Classification74F10
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Yin, L. Z., Wang, B. L., and Zou, J. X. Introduction to investigation of liquid sloshing and liquid-solid coupled dynamics of spacecraft (i. Chinese). Journal of Harbin Institute of Technology, 4, 118–122 (1999)Google Scholar
- Zhu, R. Q. Liquid Sloshing and Its Interaction with Structures (in Chinese), Ph. D. dissertation, China Ship Scientific Research Center (2001)Google Scholar
- Liu, F. Dynamic Analysis of Liquid Sloshing and Sloshing Suppression Design for a Tank (in Chinese), Ph. D. dissertation, Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics (2010)Google Scholar
- Zhu, R., Wu, Y., and Atilla, I. Numerical simulation of liquid sloshing. Ship Building of China, 45, 14–27 (2004)Google Scholar
- Shen, M. The Analysis and Application of Liquid Sloshing in the Prismatic Tank Based on the Improved VOF Method (in Chinese), Ph. D. dissertation, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (2008)Google Scholar
- Hirt, C. W. and Nichols, B. D. Sola-VOF: A Solution Algorithm for Transient Fluid Flow with Multiple Free Boundary, Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, California (1980)Google Scholar
- Wan, S. Investigation of the effect of the ring baffle on the liquid slosh suppression (in. Chinese). Journal of Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 4, 470–475 (1996)Google Scholar
- Wang, L. Application of Optimal Control Methods in Fluid Mechanics (in Chinese), Ph. D. dis-sertation, PLA University of Science and Technology (2003)Google Scholar