Modelling and analysis of circular bimorph piezoelectric actuator for deformable mirror
- 125 Downloads
A theoretical model of a circular flexure-mode piezoelectric bimorph actuator is established. The circular bimorph structure, consisting of two flexible layers of piezoelectric material and a layer of metallic material in the middle, is powered to the flexural deformation. The analytical solutions including the statics solution and the dynamics solution are derived from the 3D equations of the linear theory of piezoelectricity. Numerical results are included to show the circular bimorph piezoelectric actuator (CBPA) performance, depending on the physical parameters.
Key wordspiezoelectric actuator circular bimorph structure flexure-mode
Chinese Library ClassificationO343.2
2010 Mathematics Subject Classification70J10
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Schmutz, L. Adaptive optics: a modern cure for Newton tremors. Photon Spectra, 27, 119–128 (1993)Google Scholar
- Woolf, N. Adaptive optics. Proceedings of IAU Colloquium, Garching, Germany, 221–233 (1984)Google Scholar
- Ning, Y. Performance Test and Application Study of a Bimorph Deformable Mirror (in Chinese), Ph.D. dissertation, National University of Defense Technology (2008)Google Scholar
- Lin, X. D., Xue, C., Liu, X. Y., Wang, J. L., and Wei, P. F. Current status and research development of wavefront correctors for adaptive optics. Chinese Optics, 4, 337–351 (2012)Google Scholar
- Kamada, T., Fujita, T., Hatayama, T., Arikabe, T., Murai, N., Aizawa, S., and Tohyama, K. Active vibration control of frame structures with smart structures using piezoelectric actuators (vibration control by control of bending moments of columns). Smart Materials and Structures, 6, 448–456 (1997)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Wang, H. R., Xie, J. M., Xie, X., Hu, Y. T., and Wang, J. Nonlinear characteristics of circular-cylinder piezoelectric power harvester near resonance based on flow-induced flexural vibration mode. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 35, 229–236 (2014) DOI 10.1007/s10483-014-1786-6MathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Auld, B. A. Acoustic Fields and Waves in Solids, Krieger Publishing Company, Malabar (1973)Google Scholar