Stability and local bifurcation of parameter-excited vibration of pipes conveying pulsating fluid under thermal loading
- 172 Downloads
The parametric excited vibration of a pipe under thermal loading may occur because the fluid is often transported heatedly. The effects of thermal loading on the pipe stability and local bifurcations have rarely been studied. The stability and the local bifurcations of the lateral parametric resonance of the pipe induced by the pulsating fluid velocity and the thermal loading are studied. A mathematical model for a simply supported pipe is developed according to the Hamilton principle. Two partial differential equations describing the lateral and longitudinal vibration are obtained. The singularity theory is utilized to analyze the stability and the bifurcation of the system solutions. The transition sets and the bifurcation diagrams are obtained both in the unfolding parameter space and the physical parameter space, which can reveal the relationship between the thermal field parameter and the dynamic behaviors of the pipe. The frequency response and the relationship between the critical thermal rate and the pulsating fluid velocity are obtained. The numerical results demonstrate the accuracy of the single-mode expansion of the solution and the stability and local bifurcation analyses. It also confirms the existence of the chaos. The presented work can provide valuable information for the design of the pipeline and the controllers to prevent the structural instability.
Keywordsthermal load parameter excited local bifurcation unfolding parameter space physical parameter space
Chinese Library ClassificationO323 O326 O322
2010 Mathematics Subject Classification37G15 34E13 35Q74
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Paidoussis, M. P. In Fluid-Structure Interactions: Slender Structures and Axial Flow, Academic Press Limited, London (1998)Google Scholar
- Xu, J. and Yang, Q. B. Nonlinear dynamics of a pipe conveying pulsating fluid with combination principle parametric and internal resonances (II) (in Chinese). Journal of Sound and Vibration, 27(7), 825–832 (2006)Google Scholar
- Xi, H. M., Zhang, W., and Yao, M. H. Periodic and chaotic oscillation of the fluid conveying pipes with pulse fluid (in Chinese). Journal of Dynamics and Control, 6(3), 243–246 (2008)Google Scholar
- Drozyner, P. Determining the limits of piping vibration. Scientific Problems of Machines Operation and Maintenance, 1(165), 97–103 (2011)Google Scholar
- Takeuti, Y. Thermal Stress (in Chinese), Science Publishing Press, Beijing (1977)Google Scholar
- Golubisky, M. and Schaeffer, D. G. Singularities and Groups in Biurcation Theory, Springer-Verlag, New York (1984)Google Scholar