General solutions of plane problem in one-dimensional quasicrystal piezoelectric materials and its application on fracture mechanics
- 216 Downloads
Based on the fundamental equations of piezoelasticity of quasicrystals (QCs), with the symmetry operations of point groups, the plane piezoelasticity theory of onedimensional (1D) QCs with all point groups is investigated systematically. The governing equations of the piezoelasticity problem for 1D QCs including monoclinic QCs, orthorhombic QCs, tetragonal QCs, and hexagonal QCs are deduced rigorously. The general solutions of the piezoelasticity problem for these QCs are derived by the operator method and the complex variable function method. As an application, an antiplane crack problem is further considered by the semi-inverse method, and the closed-form solutions of the phonon, phason, and electric fields near the crack tip are obtained. The path-independent integral derived from the conservation integral equals the energy release rate.
Key wordsquasicrystals (QCs) piezoelasticity fracture mechanics crack complex variable method
Chinese Library ClassificationO346.1
2010 Mathematics Subject Classification74A45 74A40 74S70
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Liu, G. T., Guo, R. P., and Fan, T. Y. On the interaction between dislocations and cracks in one-dimensional hexagonal QCs. Chinese Physics, 2, 1149–1155 (2003)Google Scholar
- Park, J. Y., Sacha, G. M., Enachescu, M., Ogletree, D. F., Ribeiro, R. A., Canfield, P. C., Jenks, C. J., Thiel, P. A., Sáenz, J. J., and Salmeron, M. Sensing dipole fields at atomic steps with combined scanning tunneling and force microscopy. Physical Review Letters, 95, 136802 (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Yang, W. G., Wang, R., Ding, D. H., and Hu, C. Z. Elastic strains induced by electric fields in QCs. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 7, L499–L502 (1995)Google Scholar
- Fujiwara, T. and Ishii, Y. Quasicrystals, Handbook of Metal Physics, Elsevier, Amsterdam (2008)Google Scholar
- Suck, J. B., Schreiber, M., and Haussler, P. Quasicrystals: An Introduction to Structure, Physical Properties and Applications, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (2010)Google Scholar
- Fan, T. Y. Mathematical Theory of Elasticity of QCs and Its Applications, Science Press, Beijing (2011)Google Scholar
- Wang, R. H., Yang, W. G., Hu, C. Z., and Ding, D. H. Point and space groups and elastic behaviours of one-dimensional quasicrystals. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 9, 2411–2422 (1997)Google Scholar