Quasi-Green’s function method for free vibration of simply-supported trapezoidal shallow spherical shell
- 44 Downloads
The idea of quasi-Green’s function method is clarified by considering a free vibration problem of the simply-supported trapezoidal shallow spherical shell. A quasi-Green’s function is established by using the fundamental solution and boundary equation of the problem. This function satisfies the homogeneous boundary condition of the problem. The mode shape differential equations of the free vibration problem of a simply-supported trapezoidal shallow spherical shell are reduced to two simultaneous Fredholm integral equations of the second kind by the Green formula. There are multiple choices for the normalized boundary equation. Based on a chosen normalized boundary equation, a new normalized boundary equation can be established such that the irregularity of the kernel of integral equations is overcome. Finally, natural frequency is obtained by the condition that there exists a nontrivial solution to the numerically discrete algebraic equations derived from the integral equations. Numerical results show high accuracy of the quasi-Green’s function method.
Key wordsGreen function integral equation shallow spherical shell free vibration
Chinese Library ClassificationO241.8
2000 Mathematics Subject Classification34B27 74K20
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Rvachev, V. L. Theory of R-function and Some of Its Application (in Russian), Nauk, Dumka, Kiev, 415–421 (1982)Google Scholar
- Yuan, H. Quasi-Green’s function method for thin plates on Winkler foundation (in Chinese). Chinese Journal Computational Mechanics 16(4), 478–482 (1999)Google Scholar
- Wang, H. and Yuan, H. Application of quasi-Green’s function method in elastic torsion (in Chinese). Journal of South China University of Technology (Nature Science Edition) 32(11), 86–88 (2004)Google Scholar
- Wang, H. and Yuan, H. Application of R-function theory to the problem of elastic torsion with trapezium sections (in Chinese). Journal of Huazhong University of Science & Technology (Nature Science Edition) 33(11), 99–101 (2005)Google Scholar
- Chen, J. J. Analytical method of the vibration of shallow spherical shell with four boundary fixed (in Chinese). Engineering Mechanics 10(2), 61–71 (1993)Google Scholar