Recursive Lagrangian dynamic modeling and simulation of multi-link spatial flexible manipulator arms
- 265 Downloads
The dynamics for multi-link spatial flexible manipulator arms consisting of n links and n rotary joints is investigated. Kinematics of both rotary-joint motion and link deformation is described by 4 × 4 homogenous transformation matrices, and the Lagrangian equations are used to derive the governing equations of motion of the system. In the modeling the recursive strategy for kinematics is adopted to improve the computational efficiency. Both the bending and torsional flexibility of the link are taken into account. Based on the present method a general-purpose software package for dynamic simulation is developed. Dynamic simulation of a spatial flexible manipulator arm is given as an example to validate the algorithm.
Key wordsflexible manipulator arm dynamics numerical simulation modeling
Chinese Library ClassificationO313.7
2000 Mathematics Subject Classification37F10
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fu, K. S., Gonzalez, R. C., and Lee, C. S. G. Robotics: Control, Sensing, Vision, and Intelligent, McGraw-Hill, Inc., New York (1987)Google Scholar
- Angeles, J. Fundamentals of Robotic Mechanical Systems: Theory, Methods, and Algorithms, Springer-Verlag, New York (2002)Google Scholar
- Sunada, W. H. and Dubowsky, S. On the dynamic analysis and behavior of industrial robotic manipulators with elastic members. Transactions of the ASME Journal of Mechanisms, Transmissions, and Automation in Design 105, 42–51 (1983)Google Scholar
- Cyril, X. Dynamics of Flexible-Link Manipulators, Ph. D. dissertation, Department of Mechanical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal (1988)Google Scholar
- Guan, Yisheng and An, Yongchen. A new method of dynamics of flexible robot manipulators based on Kane’s method and model analysis (in Chinese). Robots 14(1), 45–51 (1992)Google Scholar
- Pan, Zhenkuan, Hong, Jiazhen, and Liu, Yanzhu. A single direction recursive construction method for dynamic equations of flexible manipulators (in Chinese). Acta Mechanica Sinica 25(3), 327–333 (1993)Google Scholar
- Bian, Yushu and Lu, Zhen. Method for dynamic modeling of flexible manipulators (in Chinese). Journal of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics 25(4), 486–490 (1999)Google Scholar
- Nguyen, P. K. and Hughes, P. C. Teleoperation: from the space shuttle to the space station. Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics 161, 353–410 (1994)Google Scholar