Numerical simulation of quasi-streamwise hairpin-like vortex generation in turbulent boundary layer
- 105 Downloads
A mechanism for generation of near wall quasi-streamwise hairpin-like vortex (QHV) and secondary quasi-streamwise vortices (SQV) is presented. The conceptual model of resonant triad in the theory of hydrodynamic instability and direct numerical simulation of a turbulent boundary layer were applied to reveal the formation of QHV and SQV. The generation procedures and the characteristics of the vortex structures are obtained, which share some similarities with previous numerical simulations. The research using resonant triad conceptual model and numerical simulation provides a possibility for investigating and controling the vortex structures, which play a dominant role in the evolution of coherent structures in the near-wall region.
Key wordsturbulence boundary layer coherent structure computer simulation streamwise vortex
Chinese Library ClassificationO357.5
2000 Mathematics Subject Classification76F16
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Zhou Heng, Lu Changgen, Luo Jisheng. Modeling of individual coherent structures in the wall region of a turbulent boundary layer[J]. Science in China A, 1999, 29(4):366–372 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Lu Lipeng, Li Zhaorui. Analysis of coherent structures in a turbulent boundary layer with pressure gradients[J]. Engineering Science, 2002, 4(11):50–56 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhang Dongming, Luo Jisheng, Zhou Heng. Dynamic model of coherent structure in the wall region of a turbulent boundary layer[J]. Science in China G, 2003, 33(1):76–82 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Fu Dexun, Ma Yanwen. The direct numerical simulation of the coherent structures of the mixed flow on a plane[J]. Science in China A, 1996, 26(7):657–664 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Jiménez J, Pinelli A. Wall turbulence: how it works and how to damp it[R]. AIAA Paper 97-2112, 1997.Google Scholar