Lateral resonances in initial stressed 1–3 piezocomposites
- 34 Downloads
A theoretical analysis of the lateral resonances in 1–3 piezocomposites with poling initial stress is conducted using the Bloch wave theory. Based on the linear piezoelectricity theory, theoretical formulations that include initial stress for the propagation of acoustic plane waves are made. Numerical calculations are performed to study the effects of the initial stress on the lateral mode frequencies and the stop band. It is found that lateral mode frequencies increase with the piezoelectricity of the piezocomposites, but decrease with the poling initial stress. The influence of the initial shear stress on the lateral mode frequencies is minimal, and can thus be neglected.
Key wordslateral modes 1–3 piezocomposites initial stress
Chinese Library ClassificationO346
2000 Mathematics Subject Classification74J20
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Smith W A. The role of piezocomposites in ultrasonic transducers[C]. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium, 1996, 755–766.Google Scholar
- Gururaja T R, Schulze W A, Cross L E, et al. Piezoelectric composites materials for ultrasonic transducer applications. Part I: Resonant modes of vibration of PZT rod-polymer composites[J]. IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control, 1985, 32(4):481–498.Google Scholar
- Gomez H, Negreira C, Aulet A, et al. Influence of elastic characteristics of the polymer/resin in later resonances of piezocomposites(1–3)[C]. In: Proc IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium, 1996, 535–538.Google Scholar
- Auld B A, Wang Y. Acoustic wave vibrations in periodic composite plates[C]. In: Proc IEEE Ultrason Symp, 1984, 528–532.Google Scholar
- Wang Y. Waves and vibrations in elastic superlattice composites[D]. Ph D Dissertation, Stanford: Stanford Univ, 1986.Google Scholar
- Wilm M, Ballandras S, Laude V, et al. A plane-wave-expansion approach for modeling acoustic propagation in 2D and 3D piezoelectric periodic structures[C]. In: Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium, 2001, 977–980.Google Scholar
- Kittel C. Introduction to solid state physics[M]. 5th Ed. New York: Wiley, 1976.Google Scholar