Thermal post-bunkling analyses of functionally graded material rod
- 93 Downloads
The non-linear governing differential equations of immovably simply supported functionally graded material (FGM) rod subjected to thermal loads were derived. The thermal post-buckling behaviors of FGM rod made of ZrO2 and Ti-6A1-4V were analyzed by shooting method. Firstly, the thermal post-buckling equilibrium paths of the FGM rod with different gradient index in the uniform temperature field were plotted, and compared with the behaviors of the homogeneous rods made of ZrO2 and Ti-6A1-4V materials, respectively. For given value of end rotation angles, the influence of gradient index on the thermal post-buckling behaviors of FGM rod was discussed. Secondly, the thermal post-buckling characteristics of the FGM rod were analyzed when the temperature difference parameter is changed while the bottom temperature parameter remains constant, and when the bottom temperature parameter is changed while the temperature difference parameter remains constant, and compared with the characteristics of the two homogeneous material rods.
Key wordsfunctionally graded material rods thermal post-buckling shooting method
Chinese Library ClassificationO343
2000 Mathematics Subject Classification74G16
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Sampaio R, Almeida M P. Buckling of extensible rods[J]. Revista Brasileira de Ciencias Mecanicas, 1985, 7:373–385 (in Portuguese).Google Scholar
- Li Shirong, Cheng Changjun. Analysis of thermal post-buckling of heated elastic rods[J]. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 2000, 21(2):133–140.Google Scholar
- Li Shirong, Cheng Changjun, Zhou Youhe. Thermal post-buckling of an elastic beams subjected to a transversely non-uniform temperature rising[J]. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 2003, 24(5):514–520.Google Scholar
- Koizumi M. The concept of FGM. Ceramic Transitions[J]. Functionally Gradient Materials, 1993, 34:3–10.Google Scholar
- Shen Huishen. Bending, buckling and vibration of functionally graded plates and shells[J]. Advances in Mechanics, 2004, 34(1):53–60 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Obata Y, Noda N. Unsteady thermal stresses in a functionally gradient material plate (analysis of one-dimensional unsteady heat transfer problem)[J]. Trans J SME, 1993, 59(560):1090–1096.Google Scholar