Theoretical prediction on corrugated sandwich panels under bending loads
- 226 Downloads
In this paper, an aluminum corrugated sandwich panel with triangular core under bending loads was investigated. Firstly, the equivalent material parameters of the triangular corrugated core layer, which could be considered as an orthotropic panel, were obtained by using Castigliano’s theorem and equivalent homogeneous model. Secondly, contributions of the corrugated core layer and two face panels were both considered to compute the equivalent material parameters of the whole structure through the classical lamination theory, and these equivalent material parameters were compared with finite element analysis solutions. Then, based on the Mindlin orthotropic plate theory, this study obtain the closed-form solutions of the displacement for a corrugated sandwich panel under bending loads in specified boundary conditions, and parameters study and comparison by the finite element method were executed simultaneously.
KeywordsCorrugated sandwich panel Equivalent material parameter Theoretical prediction Bending loads
The financial support from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant 11572122) is acknowledged. Meanwhile, the Scientific Research Foundation of Huaihua University (Grant HHUY2017-02), 111 Project (Grant B16015), Stake Key Laboratory of Mechanical Structural Strength and Vibration (Grant SV2017-KF-20) and Joint Centre for Intelligent New Energy Vehicle are also acknowledged.
- 19.Libove, C., Batdorf, S.B.: A general small-deflection theory for flat sandwich plates. Tech. Rep. Arch. Image Lib. 899 (1948)Google Scholar
- 20.Libove, C., Hubka, R.E.: Elastic constants for corrugated-core sandwich plates. J. Struct. Eng. ASCE 122, 958–966 (1951)Google Scholar
- 27.Åslund, P.E., Hägglund, R., Carlsson, L.A., et al.: An analysis of strain localization and formation of face wrinkles in edge-wise loaded corrugated sandwich panels using a continuum damage model. Int. J. Solids Struct. 56–57, 248–257 (2014)Google Scholar
- 28.Castigliano, C.A.: Intorno ai sistemi elastici. Thesis, University of Turin (1873)Google Scholar
- 29.Nilson, A.H., Ammar, A.R.: Finite element analysis of metal deck shear diaphragms. J. Struct. Div. 100, 711–726 (1974)Google Scholar