Some problems in electrostrictive and magnetostrictive materials
- 2 Downloads
Some of the previous theories in the electrostrictive and magnetostrictive materials and their differences are discussed in this paper. A variational principle in the general thermodynamic sense is given and the governing equations can be derived from this principle. Illustrational examples are given.
Key wordselectrostrictive and magnetostrictive materials energy variational principle governing equation electromagnetive ponderomotive force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Pao, Y.H., Electromagnetic force in deformable continua. Nemat-Nasser, Mechanics Today. Printed in Great Britain by Pitman. Bath, 1978.Google Scholar
- Moon, E.C., Magneto-Solid Mechanics, A Wiley-Interscience Publication. John Wiley & Sons, New York, Chichester, Brisbane, Toronto, Singapore, 1984.Google Scholar
- Kuang, Z.-B., Nonlinear Continuum Mechanics. Shanghai: Shanghai Jiaotong University Press, 2002 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Kuang, Z.B. and Jiang, Q., Stress analysis in two dimensional electrostrictive material under general loading//IUTAM (Beijing, 2004) on Mechanics and Reliability of Actuating Materials, Edited By Yang, W., Springer, 2006.Google Scholar
- Jiang, Q. and Kuang, Z.-B., Stress analysis of electrostrictive material with an elliptic defect. Science in China (Series G), 2003, 46: 492–458.Google Scholar