Adhesive contact problem of axisymmetric miniature circular plates with central rigid bump
Considering the adhesive effect and geometric nonlinearity, the adhesive contact between an elastic substrate and a clamped miniature circular plate with two different central rigid bumps under the action of uniform transverse pressure and in-plane tensile force in the radial direction was analyzed. And an analytical solution is presented by using the perturbation method. The relation of surface adhesive energies with critical load to detach the contacted surfaces is obtained. In the numerical results, the effects of adhesive energy, in-plane tensile force, rigid bump size and contact radius on the critical load are discussed, and the relation of critical contact radius with the gap between the central rigid bump and the substrate for different adhesive energies is investigated.
Key wordsminiature circular plate two different central rigid bumps elastic substrate adhesive contact geometric nonlinearity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Huston,M.R., Maboudian,R. and Howe,R.T., Ammonium fluoride anti-stictiontreatments for poly-silion microstructure, Proceedings of the 8-th International Conference on Solid-State and Actuators, Transducers’95, Stockholm, Sweden, 1995, 210–213.Google Scholar
- Maugis D., Adhesion of sphere: the JKP-DMT transition using a Dugdal mode, Colloid Interface Sci, Vol.192(A), 1997, 326–333.Google Scholar
- Burnham N.A. and Colton R.J., Force microscopy //Bonnell, D.A.(ed.), Scanning Tunneling Microscopy and Sperctroscopy, New York: VCH Publishers, 1993, 191–249.Google Scholar
- Zdeblick M.J. and Angell J.B., A microminiature electric-fluidic valve //Trimmer, W.S.(ed.), Micromechanics and MEMS, New York: IEEE Press, 1996, 444–449.Google Scholar
- Chien,W.Z. and Yeh,K.Y., On the large deflection of rectangular plate, Proceedings of IX-th International Congress of Applied Mechanics, Bruxelles, 1956, 403–412.Google Scholar
- Kendall K., Ahesion and surface energy of elastic solid, J. Phys., D: Appl, Pys.324(A), 1971, 1187–1191.Google Scholar