Testing Lack-of-fit for a Polynomial Errors-in-variables Model
When a regression model is applied as an approximation of underlying model of data, the model checking is important and relevant. In this paper, we investigate the lack-of-fit test for a polynomial errorin-variables model. As the ordinary residuals are biased when there exist measurement errors in covariables, we correct them and then construct a residual-based test of score type. The constructed test is asymptotically chi-squared under null hypotheses. Simulation study shows that the test can maintain the signi.cance level well. The choice of weight functions involved in the test statistic and the related power study are also investigated. The application to two examples is illustrated. The approach can be readily extended to handle more general models.
KeywordsBias correction lack-of-fit test polynomial errors-in-variables model
2000 MR Subject Classification62G10 62G20
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Carroll, R.J., Ruppert, D., Stefanski, L.A. Measurement error on nonlinear models, Monographs on Statistics and Applied Probability. Chapman & Hall, London, 1995Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, X. Advanced Mathematical Statistics. The Press of University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, 1999 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Cheng, C.L., Ness, J.W.V. Statistical regression with measurement error. Arnold, Hodder Headline Group, UK, 1999Google Scholar
- 10.Fang, K.T., Kotz, S., Ng, K.W. Symmetric multivariate and related distributions. Chapman and Hall, London, 1990Google Scholar
- 12.Fuller, W.A. Measurement error models. John Wiley, New York, 1987Google Scholar
- 16.Wang, Q.H., Zhu, L.X. Estimation in partly linear errors–in–covariables models with censored data. Commun. Statisti.–Theory and Mathods, 30:541–554 (2001)Google Scholar