A Cartan’s Second Main Theorem Approach in Nevanlinna Theory
- 40 Downloads
In 2002, in the paper entitled “A subspace theorem approach to integral points on curves”, Corvaja and Zannier started the program of studying integral points on algebraic varieties by using Schmidt’s subspace theorem in Diophantine approximation. Since then, the program has led a great progress in the study of Diophantine approximation. It is known that the counterpart of Schmidt’s subspace in Nevanlinna theory is H. Cartan’s Second Main Theorem. In recent years, the method of Corvaja and Zannier has been adapted by a number of authors and a big progress has been made in extending the Second Main Theorem to holomorphic mappings from C into arbitrary projective variety intersecting general divisors by using H. Cartan’s original theorem. We call such method “a Cartan’s Second Main Theorem approach”. In this survey paper, we give a systematic study of such approach, as well as survey some recent important results in this direction including the recent work of the author with Paul Voja.
KeywordsNevanlinna theory the Second Main Theorem
MR(2010) Subject Classification32H30 32H22 11J97
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cartan, H.: Sur les zeros des combinaisions linearires de p fonctions holomorpes donnees. Mathematica (Cluj), 7, 80–103 (1933)Google Scholar
- Evertse, J. H., Ferretti, R.: A generalization of the Subspace Theorem with polynomials of higher degree. In Diophantine approximation, volume 16 of Dev. Math., pages 175–198, Springer Wien NewYork, Vienna, 2008Google Scholar
- Hussein, S., Ru, M.: A general defect relation and height inequality for divisors in subgeneral position, to appear in Asian J. of Math.Google Scholar
- Ru, M.: Recent progress in Nevanlinna theory. J. Jiangxi Normal Univ. (Natural Sci. Ed.), 42(1), 1–11 (2018)Google Scholar
- Ru, M., Vojta, P.: Birational Nevanlinna constant and its consequences, Preprint, arXiv:1608.05382 [math.NT]Google Scholar