Sanya Lectures: Geometry of Spherical Varieties
- 23 Downloads
These are expanded notes from lectures on the geometry of spherical varieties given in Sanya. We review some aspects of the geometry of spherical varieties. We first describe the structure of B-orbits. Using the local structure theorems, we describe the Picard group and the group of Weyl divisors and give some necessary conditions for smoothness. We later on consider B-stable curves and describe in details the structure of the Chow group of curves as well as the pairing between curves and divisors. Building on these results we give an explicit B-stable canonical divisor on any spherical variety.
KeywordsSpherical varieties orbits local structure divisors curves
MR(2010) Subject Classification14M27 14-02 14L30
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
I first thank Michel Brion and Baohua Fu for the kind invitation to give lectures on the geometry of spherical varieties in Sanya. I thank Jacopo Gandini for many helpful discussions on our lectures during the two weeks of the conference. I also thank all the participants especially Johannes Hofscheier and Dmitry Timashev for the many questions and discussions during and after the talks. This led to many improvements and expansions of the first version of these notes. Finally I thank the referee for his comments and corrections.
- Bender, M., Perrin, N.: Singularities of closures of spherical B-conjugacy classes of nilpotent orbits. Preprint arXiv:1412.5654Google Scholar
- Borel, A.: Linear algebraic groups. Second edition. Graduate Texts in Mathematics, 126. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1991Google Scholar
- Brion, M.: Curves and divisors in spherical varieties. Algebraic groups and Lie groups, 21–34, Austral. Math. Soc. Lect. Ser., 9, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1997Google Scholar
- Brion, M.: Multiplicity-free subvarieties of flag varieties. Commutative algebra (Grenoble/Lyon, 2001), 13–23, Contemp. Math., 331, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2003Google Scholar
- Brion, M.: Algebraic group actions on normal varieties. Preprint arXiv:1703.09506Google Scholar
- Fulton, W.: Intersection theory. Second edition. Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete. 3. Folge. A Series of Modern Surveys in Mathematics, 2. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1998Google Scholar
- Gandini, J.: Embeddings of spherical homogeneous spaces. Submitted to Acta Math. Sin., Engl. Ser.Google Scholar
- Gandini, J., Pezzini, G.: Orbits of strongly solvable spherical subgroups on the flag variety. To appear in J. Algebraic Combin.Google Scholar
- Gonzales, R., Pech, C., Perrin, N., et al.: Geometry of rational curves on horospherical varieties of Picard rank one. In preparationGoogle Scholar
- Hartshorne, R.: Algebraic geometry. Graduate Texts in Mathematics, No. 52. Springer-Verlag, New York-Heidelberg, 1977Google Scholar
- Luna, D.: Grosses cellules pour les varieéteés spheériques. Algebraic groups and Lie groups, 267–280, Austral. Math. Soc. Lect. Ser., 9, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1997Google Scholar
- Serre, J. P.: Espaces fibrés algébriques. Séminaire Claude Chevalley, 3 (1958), Exposé No. 1, 37 pGoogle Scholar
- Timashëv, D. A.: Homogeneous spaces and equivariant embeddings. Encyclopaedia of Mathematical Sciences, 138. Invariant Theory and Algebraic Transformation Groups, 8. Springer, Heidelberg, 2011Google Scholar