Effects of γ-irradiation on the quality changes of fresh noodles prepared from wheat cultivated with N-fertilization treatments
- 66 Downloads
Quality changes of fresh noodles prepared from wheat cultivated with N-fertilization treatments, followed by γ-irradiation were investigated. The protein content of the KPS60 was the highest of all treated samples, and protein contents of wheat cultivated with N-fertilizer was increased. γ-Irradiation did not affect the protein contents of the samples. However, the water holding capacity and resistant starch contents was increased by irradiation. The dry gluten and wet gluten contents of samples were further increased by γ-irradiation. The pasting properties were influenced by γ-irradiation but not N-fertilization. The hardness of noodles made with irradiated wheat flour was decreased, but the degree of decrease was small compared with that of viscosity. The gumminess and chewiness of noodles made with irradiated flour having higher protein content and WG showed also higher score. Thus, treatment of wheat flour with N-fertilization and γ-irradiation may improve the quality of Korean-style noodles during storage.
KeywordsKorean wheat cultivar wheat protein N-fertilization γ-irradiation fresh noodle quality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Ministry of Korean Food and Drug Safety. Production record of food and food additives. Vol. 1. p. 81 (2014)Google Scholar
- 17.AACC International. Approved Methods of Analysis. 10th ed. Method 44-15A, 08-01, 46-30. American Association of Cereal Chemists, St. Paul, MN, USA (2000)Google Scholar
- 18.Medcalf DF, Gilles KA. Wheat starches. I. Comparison of physicochemical properties. Cereal Chem. 42: 558–568 (1965)Google Scholar
- 19.Kim WS, Shin M. The properties of rice flours prepared by dry-and wet-milling of soaked glutinous and normal grains. Korean J. Food Cook. Sci. 23: 98–918 (2007) (in Korean)Google Scholar
- 21.Kang CS, Kim HS, Cheong YK, Kim JG, Park KH, Park CS. Flour characteristics and end-use quality of commercial flour produced from Korean wheat and imported wheat. Korean J. Food Preserv. 15: 687–693 (2008) (in Korean)Google Scholar
- 22.Rozbicki J, Ceglinska A, Gozdowski D, Jadubczak M, Cacak-Pietrzak C, Madry W, Golba J, Piechocinski M, Sobczynski G, Studnicki M, Drazazga T. Influence of the cultivar, environment and management on the grain yield and breadmaking quality in winter wheat. J. Cereal Sci. 61: 126–132 (2015)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 30.Gani A, Bashir M, Wani SM, Masoodi FA. Modification of bean starch by gamma-irradiation: Effect on functional and morphological properties. LWTFood Sci. Technol. 49: 162–169 (2012)Google Scholar
- 32.Deschreider AR. Changes in starch and its degradation products on irradiating wheat flour with gamma rays. Starch-Stärke 12: 197–201 (1960)Google Scholar