Self-assembled films based on polypyrrole and carbon nanotubes composites for the determination of Diuron pesticide
- 141 Downloads
In this work, polypyrrole (PPy) and its respective composite with functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWCNT) were obtained by chemical polymerization of the monomer pyrrole in aqueous solution. The obtained PPy as well as its composite (PPy-MWCNT) were characterized by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and were used to produce nanostructured self-assembled (SA) films deposited onto glass substrates covered with indium tin oxide (ITO). The SA films were produced with alternated layers of polystyrene sulphonated (PSS) and were characterized by UV-visible, cyclic voltammetry (CV), electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS), and scanning electron microscopy (SEM) analyses. The applicability of the SA films was evaluated by square wave voltammetry (SWV) with standard additions of aliquots of Diuron pesticide in Britton-Robinson buffer solutions (pH = 2.0). The results showed an oxidation peak at 0.23 V which increases in function of the Diuron concentration for both the SA films. It was also observed that the SA film based on the composite (PPy-MWCNT/PSS) showed a peak current intensity about ten times higher in comparison with its unmodified counterpart (PPy/PSS) for a Diuron concentration of 4.29 × 10−5 mol L−1, indicating a synergic effect between PPy and MWCNT in the composite. The limits of quantification (LOQ) and limits of detection (LOD) were respectively 8.6 × 10−7 mol L−1 and 2.6 × 10−7 mol L−1.
KeywordsPolypyrrole Carbon nanotubes Self-assembled films Diuron
The authors thank the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP 2014/23858-3) for providing financial and technical support to this project and CAPES for providing the fellowship.
- 16.Turcu R (2006) New polypyrrole-multiwall carbon nanotubes hybrid materials. J Optoelectron Adv Mater 8:643–647Google Scholar
- 26.Eisazadeh H (2007) Studying the characteristics of polypyrrole and its composites. World J Chem 2:67–74Google Scholar
- 28.Ramesan MT (2013) Synthesis, characterization, and conductivity studies of polypyrrole/copper sulfide nanocomposites. J Appl Polym Sci 128:1540–1546Google Scholar
- 29.Abdullah H (2010) Electrochemical polymerization and study of the modes of vibration of polypyrrole. J Mater Sci Eng 4:60–65Google Scholar
- 35.Abdulla HS, Abbo AI (2012) Optical and electrical properties of thin films of polyaniline and polypyrrole. Int J Electrochem Sci 7:10666–10678Google Scholar
- 38.Ehsani A, Babaei F, Mostaanzadeh H (2015) Electrochemical and optical investigation of conductive polymer and MWCNT nanocomposite film. J Braz Chem Soc 26:331–337Google Scholar
- 44.Rodrigues AP, Lopes, IC, Araújo TP, et al (2015) Carboxylated β-cyclodextrin-reduced graphene oxide for the voltammetric determination of diuron herbicide. In: Program 16th Top. Meet Int Soc Electrochem Angra dos Reis, Brazil, p 155Google Scholar