Thiophenyl-substituted triazolyl-thione l-alanine: asymmetric synthesis, aggregation and biological properties
- 272 Downloads
In this work, we report the asymmetric synthesis and characterization of an artificial amino acid based on triazolyl-thione l-alanine, which was modified with a thiophenyl-substituted moiety, as well as in vitro studies of its nucleic acid-binding ability. We found, by dynamic light scattering studies, that the synthetic amino acid was able to form supramolecular aggregates having a hydrodynamic diameter higher than 200 nm. Furthermore, we demonstrated, by UV and CD experiments, that the heteroaromatic amino acid, whose enzymatic stability was demonstrated by HPLC analysis also after 24 h of incubation in human serum, was able to bind a RNA complex, which is a feature of biomedical interest in view of innovative antiviral strategies based on modulation of RNA–RNA molecular recognition.
KeywordsArtificial amino acid RNA CD Light scattering
The authors would like to thank Dr. Leopoldo Zona for his invaluable assistance. We are also grateful to the institutions that supported our laboratory (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche and Yerevan State University).
Conflict of interest
The authors state that there is no conflict of interests.
- Desai N, Bhavsar A, Shah M, Saxena A (2008) Synthesis and QSAR studies of thiosemi-carbazides, 1,2,4-triazoles, 1,3,4-thiadiazoles and 1,3,4-oxadiazoles derivatives as potential anti-bacterial agents. Ind J Chem 47B:579–585Google Scholar
- Katritzky A, Rees C (1984) Comprehensive heterocyclic chem. chapter/thiazoles and benzothiazole derivatives by Metzyer J. 6:330–331Google Scholar
- Saghyan A, Geolchanyan A, Belokon’ Yu (2003) Method of synthesis of the chiral NiII complex of Schiff’s base of dehydroalanine with (S)-2-N-(N’-benzylprolyl)aminobenzophenone. Armenian patent №1257 A2Google Scholar
- Saghyan S, Mkrtchyan G, Dadayan A, Petrosyan S, Geolchanyan A, Simonyan H, Mkrtchyan A, Mkrtchyan S, Gevorgyan A, Iaroshenko V, Langer P (2013) Asymmetric synthesis of enantiomerically enriched (S)-α-aminopropionic acids containing heterocyclic side chains. Tetrahedron Asymmetry 24:229–232CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Shashikant P, Prajact K, Nachiket D, Sunil N, Deepak M, Smita P, Daithankar A (2009) Synthesis and biologicaon of somel evaluati 1, 3, 4-thiadiazoles. J Chem Pharm Res 1:191–198Google Scholar