31P NMR Manifestation of Metabolic Changes in Blood of Spinal Cord Injured Rats
- 154 Downloads
The 31P nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy technique was applied to study the blood of rats with a 3-day spinal cord injury and control rats. Phosphorus-containing blood metabolites: 2,3-diphosphoglycerates, inorganic phosphates, phospholipids, ATP and adenosine monophosphates were detected and quantitatively evaluated. It was found that the amount of 2,3-diphosphoglycerates, inorganic phosphates, phospholipids and adenosine monophosphates increase, and pH of the blood decreases after spinal cord injury. The results demonstrate increased hypoxia in injured rats.
The reported study was supported by Scientific Program of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences no. 5 and it was also funded by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project no. 17-04-01746 A).
- 1.R.B. Moon, J.H. Richards, J. Biol. Chem. 248, 7276–7278 (1973)Google Scholar
- 5.Y.F. Lam, A.K. Lin, C. Ho, Blood 54, 196–209 (1979)Google Scholar
- 6.S. Chinayon, W. Jinsart, S. Eiam-ong, R. Suvanpha, P. Pansin, Thai J. Health Res. 2, 1–8 (1988)Google Scholar
- 8.M.V. Kruchinina, S.A. Kurilovich, M.V. Parulikova, A.A. Gromov, M.M. Shakirov, Bull. SO RAMS 122, 108–115 (2006) (in Russian) Google Scholar
- 9.N.S. Korotaeva, V.G. Gorokhova, E.E. Kuznetsova, E.Yu. Chashkova, V.E. Pack, O.V. Poryadina, Sibirskij Meditzinskij Zhurnal 2, 13–16 (2008) (in Russian) Google Scholar
- 10.S. Schott, J. Hahn, C. Kurbacher, D. Moka, Int. J. Biomed. Sci. 8, 258–263 (2012)Google Scholar
- 22.S.W. Kim, R.A. Charter, C.J. Chai, S.K. Kim, E.S. Kim, Paraplegia 28, 441–447 (1990)Google Scholar