Polydopamine-based molecularly imprinting polymers on magnetic nanoparticles for recognition and enrichment of ochratoxins prior to their determination by HPLC
- 41 Downloads
A polydopamine-based molecularly imprinted polymer was deposited on the surface of magnetite (ferroferric oxide) nanoparticles (Fe3O4@PDA MIPs) and is shown to be an efficient and fairly specific sorbent for the extraction of various ochratoxins. The MIPs were characterized by IR spectroscopy and transmission electron microscopy. The adsorption capacities, evaluated through the langmuir adsorption isotherm model, are 1.8, 0.23 and 0.17 mg·g−1 for ochratoxin A, ochratoxin B and ochratoxin C, respectively. Parameters such as the amount of magnetic MIPs, pH value, time for ultrasonication, elution solvent and volume were optimized. Following desorption from the MIP with acetonitrile, the ochratoxins were quantified by HPLC with fluorometric detection. Under optimal experimental conditions, the calibration plots are linear in the range of 0.01–1.0 ng·mL−1 of OTA, 0.02–2.0 ng·mL−1 of OTB, and 0.002–0.2 ng·mL−1 of OTC. The LODs are between 1.8 and 18 pg·mL−1, and the recoveries from spiked samples are 71.0% - 88.5%, with RSDs of 2.3–3.8% in case of rice and wine samples. The MIPs can be re-used for at least 7 times.
KeywordsRice Wine Separation Fe3O4 Template Langmuir adsorption isotherm Toxin
We greatly acknowledge the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 21765014 and 21505067) for financial support.
Compliance with ethical standards
The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
- 5.Mashhadizadeh MH, Amoli-Diva M, Pourghazi K (2013) Magnetic nanoparticles solid phase extraction for determination of ochratoxin a in cereals using high-performance liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection. J Chromatogr A 1320:17–26. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2013.10.062 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.National Standard of People’s Republic of China (GB 2761-2017), Mycotoxins limited in food, National Health and Family Planning Commission of the People’s Repubic of China, Beijing, 2017. http://mall.foodmate.net/goods-85839.html
- 16.Zhang WL, Li Y, Wang Q, Wang C, Wang PF, Mao K (2013) Performance evaluation and application of surface-molecular-imprinted polymer-modified TiO2 nanotubes for the removal of estrogenic chemicals from secondary effluents. Environ Sci Pollut R 20:1431–1440. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-012-0983-0 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Zare F, Ghaedi M, Daneshfar A, Ostovan A (2015) Magnetic molecularly imprinted polymer for the efficient and selective preconcentration of diazinon before its determination by high-performance liquid chromatography. J Sep Sci 38:2797–2803. https://doi.org/10.1002/jssc.201500383 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.Hu MH, Huang PC, Suo LL, Wu FY (2017) Cetylpyridinium chloride functionalized silica-coated magnetite microspheres for the solid-phase extraction and pre-concentration of ochratoxin A from environmental water samples with high-performance liquid chromatographic analysis. J Sep Sci 40:2431–2437. https://doi.org/10.1002/jssc.201601464 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 24.National Standard of People’s Republic of China (GB 5009.96-2016), Determination of ochratoxin A in food, National Health and Family Planning Commission of the People’s Repubic of China, Beijing, 2016. http://mall.foodmate.net/goods-88895.html
- 26.Yu P, Sun QL, Li JF, Tan ZJ, Yan YS, Li CX (2015) Magnetic imprinted nanomicrosphere attached to the surface of bacillus using miniemulsion polymerization for selective recognition of 2,4,6-trichlorophenol from aqueous solutions. J Ind Eng Chem 29:349–358. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2015.04.014 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 29.Zhang CC, Tang J, Huang LL, Li YP, Tang DP (2017) In-situ amplified voltammetric immunoassay for ochratoxin A by coupling a platinum nanocatalyst based enhancement to a redox cycling process promoted by an enzyme mimic. Microchim Acta 184:2445–2453. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00604-017-2223-2 CrossRefGoogle Scholar