Electrodeposition of Si–DLC nanocomposite film and its electronic application
- 173 Downloads
In this study, a silicon doped diamond-like carbon (DLC) nanocomposite film was deposited electrochemically and it was used to fabricate an Ag/Si–DLC/p-Si metal–interlayer–semiconductor (MIS) Schottky diode. Methanol (CH3OH) was used as carbon and tetraethoxysilane (Si(OC2H5)4) as Si source, respectively. Morphology of the film was observed by scanning electron microscopy and continuous surface with numerous lumps spread randomly was observed. Structural and chemical composition analyses of the film were carried out by Raman and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. Typical D and G bands of DLC films were not observed in the Raman spectrum due to abundance of Si–C bonds. Silicon incorporation promoted the film deposition and increased sp3 bonds in the film. Current–Voltage (I–V) measurement was conducted to obtain parameters of the MIS diode. The diode exhibited a good rectifier behavior with ~ 103 rectification ratio. In the forward bias semi-logarithmic I–V plot, two linear regions with different slopes were observed. Such behavior was modelled by two parallel diodes and attributed to different conduction mechanism. The main electrical parameters, such as barrier height, ideality factor and series resistance were calculated by I–V and Cheung–Cheung methods. The Si–DLC nanocomposite film acted as barrier height modifier in the MIS diode.
This work was supported by the Scientific Research Project Committee of Gaziosmanpasa University (under the Grand contract no: 2015/88).
- Abd HR, Al-Douri Y, Ahmed NM, Hashim U (2013) Alternative-current electrochemical etching of uniform porous silicon for photodetector applications. Int J Electrochem Sci 8:11461–11473Google Scholar
- Alialy S, Tecimer H, Uslu H, Altındal S (2013) A comparative study on electrical characteristics of Au/N-Si Schottky diodes, with and without bi-doped pva interfacial layer in dark and under illumination at room temperature. J Nanomed Nanotechol 4(3):1000167Google Scholar
- Basman N, Uzun R, Ozcakır R, Erol I, Cankaya G, Uzun O (2016) Effect of a new methacrylic monomer on diode parameters of Ag/p-Si Schottky contact. J Microelectron Electron Compon Mater 46:190–196Google Scholar
- Ibraheam AS, Al-Douri Y, Al-Fhdawi JMS, Al-Jumaili HS, Verma KD, Hashim U, Ayub RM, Ruslinda AR, Md Arshad MK, Reshak AH, Abd Hamid SB (2016) Structural, optical and electrical properties of Cu2Zn1−xCdxSnS4 quinternary alloys Nanostructures deposited on porous silicon. Microsyst Technol 22:2893–2900CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Sze SM (1981) Physics of semiconductor devices, 2nd edn. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar