Spark-based intelligent parameter inversion method for prestack seismic data
Seismic exploration is an oil exploration method by utilizing seismic information. Useful reservoir parameter information can be gained through inversion of seismic information to effectively carry out exploration work. Prestack data are characterized by large data size and rich information. Rich reservoir parameter information can be obtained through inversion of prestack data. Due to mass prestack seismic data, existing single computer environment cannot satisfy computation requirement of huge data size. Thus, an efficient and fast method is urgently needed to solve the inversion problem of prestack seismic big data. Since local optimum may be easily caught when genetic algorithm is used to optimize elastic parameters, the inversion effect is not obvious. In particular, the optimization effect for the density parameters is not good. An intelligent optimization algorithm is proposed in this paper for elastic parameter inversion of prestack seismic data. The algorithm improves genetic manipulation. The improved algorithm has been used for model trial for log data, and good inversion effect has been achieved. The inverted elastic parameters well fit with the log curve of the theoretical model. The improved algorithm effectively improves the inversion accuracy of density parameters. In this paper, the algorithm has been implemented on Spark model, and the results show that the parallel model can effectively reduce operation time of the algorithm.
KeywordsIntelligent optimization algorithm Prestack seismic data Elastic parameter inversion Apache Spark
This paper is supported by Natural Science Foundation of China. (Nos. 61673354 and 61573324), the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, China University of Geosciences (Wuhan), the State Key Lab of Digital Manufacturing Equipment and Technology (DMETKF2018020) and the State Key Laboratory of Intelligent Control and Decision of Complex Systems.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that there is no conflict of interest regarding the publication of this paper.
- 2.Li Shaopeng. The Study and Application of The Methods of AVO Seismic Parameter Inversion, Master thesis, China University of Petroleum, (in Chinese), ChinaGoogle Scholar
- 3.Chen Jianjiang (2007) Study of Three-term AVO Inversion Method. Ph.D. thesis, China University of Petroleum, (in Chinese), China.Google Scholar
- 7.Pengfei Lu, Changchun Yang, Aihua Guo et al (2008) Modified simulated annealing algorithm and its application in pre-stack inversion of reservoir parameters. Prog Geophys 23(1):104–109Google Scholar
- 8.Zhu T, Li XF, Li YQ et al (2011) Seismic scalar wave equation inversion based on an improved particle swarm optimization algorithm. Chin J Geophys 54(11):2951–2959 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 16.Priezzhev I, Shmaryan L, Bejarano G (2008) Nonlinear multitrace seismic inversion using neural network and genetic algorithm-” Genetic Inversion. In: Extended abstract, EAGE conference, Saint PetersburgGoogle Scholar
- 17.Junyu B, Zilong X, Yunfei X, Tianshou X (2014) Nonlinear hybrid optimization algorithm for seismic impedance inversion. In: Beijing 2014 international geophysical conference & exposition, Beijing, China, 21–24 April 2014, (pp 541–544). Society of Exploration Geophysicists and Chinese Petroleum SocietyGoogle Scholar
- 18.Wang L P. Study on intelligent optimization algorithm with application to prestack AVO nonlinear inversion. Ph.D. thesis, China University of Geosciences, (in Chinese), ChinaGoogle Scholar
- 19.Yan Z, Gu HM, Zhao XM (2009) Non-linear AVO inversion based on ant colony algorithm. Oil Geophys Prospect 44(6):700–702 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 20.Yin C, Xie GS (2001) Seismic inversion and non-linear stochastic optimistic algorithms. Comput Tech Geophys Geochem Explor 23(1):6–10 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 22.Cui L (2014) Parallel PSO in Spark (Master’s thesis, University of Stavanger, Norway)Google Scholar
- 23.Wang ZY, Wang HJ et al (2015) Ant colony optimization algorithm based on Spark. J Comput Appl 35(10):2777–2780 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 24.Liu ZS, Pang ZS (2016) Research on parallel SVM algorithm based on Spark. Comput Sci 43(5):238–242 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 25.Xu ZH, Zhao JW et al (2017) Study of parallel genetic algorithm using travelling salesman problem. Appl Res Comput 34(7):2080–2083 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 26.Huang JL, Li QC et al (2010) Relative wave impedances inversion based on distributed parallel genetic algorithm. J Northwest University (Nat Sci Ed) 40(5):855–859 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 27.ZoeppritzK E (1919) On the reflection and propagation of seismic waves. Gottinger Nachrichten 1:66–84Google Scholar
- 56.Zaharia M, Chowdhury M, Das T, Dave A, Ma J, McCauley M, Stoica I (2012) Resilient distributed datasets: a fault-tolerant abstraction for in-memory cluster computing. In: Proceedings of the 9th USENIX conference on networked systems design and implementation. USENIX Association, pp 2–2Google Scholar
- 57.Zaharia M, Chowdhury M, Das T, Dave A, Ma J, Mccauley M, Stoica I (2012) Fast and interactive analytics over Hadoop data with Spark. USENIX Login 37(4):45–51Google Scholar