Seam elimination based on Curvelet for image stitching
- 51 Downloads
Image stitching has developed rapidly in recent years. Seam elimination plays a critical role in image stitching. Therefore, an improved seam elimination method of image stitching is proposed in the paper. First of all, images are registered. Then, optimal seam method based on Curvelet transformation is proposed to eliminate the seam. Objective evaluation indexes (PSNR and SSIM) are employed to evaluate the performance of the proposed method in the experimental results. A new metric of assessing the local quality of the stitched image is also proposed in the paper. Three groups of images are tested under this metric. Experimental results show that our method can eliminate the seam in an efficient way.
KeywordsImage stitching Seam elimination Curvelet
This work was jointly supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61201421) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities(lzujbky-2017-187).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflicts of interest
The authors declare that they have no potential conflict of interest.
- Chen M, Nian R, He B, et al. (2015) Underwater image stitching based on SIFT and wavelet fusion. In: Proceedings of the OCEANS 2015-Genova, F, IEEEGoogle Scholar
- Eden A, Uyttendaele M, Szeliski R (2006) Seamless image stitching of scenes with large motions and exposure differences. In: Proceedings of the computer vision and pattern recognition, 2006 IEEE Computer Society Conference on, F, IEEEGoogle Scholar
- Guo-ting W, Jun-ping W, Jin L et al (2013) Method for quality assessment of image mosaic. J Commun 8:011Google Scholar
- Jia J, Tang C-K (2005) Eliminating structure and intensity misalignment in image stitching. In: proceedings of the Computer Vision, 2005, Tenth IEEE International Conference onICCV 2005, FGoogle Scholar
- Ponomarenko N, Lukin V, Zelensky A et al (2009) TID2008-a database for evaluation of full-reference visual quality assessment metrics. Adv Mod Radioelectr 10(4):30–45Google Scholar
- Sadeghi MA, Hejrati SMM, Gheissari N (2008) Poisson local color correction for image stitching. In: Proceedings of the VISAPP (1), F,Google Scholar
- Shulong Z, Zengbo Q (2002) The seam-line removal under mosaicking of remotely sensed images. J Remote Sens 6(3):183–187Google Scholar
- Wang L, Chu J (2011) Fused multi-sensor information image stitching. In: Proceedings of the international conference on intelligent science and intelligent data engineering, F. SpringerGoogle Scholar
- Xu Y, Sun C (2017) Image stitching method based on genetic algorithm [M]//Hou H, Han Z. Proceedings of the 2017 5th international conference on machinery, materials and computing technology. pp 406–412Google Scholar
- Yue Z, Hong C, Wen-bang S (2014) Finding an optimal seam-line through the shortest distance in the neighborhood. Chin J Image Graph 19(2):227–233Google Scholar
- Zaragoza J, Chin T-J, Brown MS, et al (2013) As-projective-as-possible image stitching with moving DLT. In: proceedings of the computer vision and pattern recognition (CVPR), 2013 IEEE Conference on, F. IEEEGoogle Scholar