Twenty years of Soft Computing: a bibliometric overview
- 130 Downloads
The journal Soft Computing was launched in 1997, and it is dedicated to promote advancements in soft computing theories, which includes fuzzy sets theory, neural networks, evolutionary computation, probabilistic reasoning and hybrid theories. 2017 marks the 20th anniversary of the journal. Motivated by this anniversary, this study presents a bibliometric analysis of the current publications in the journal in order to identify the leading trends ruling the journal. The paper also develops a mapping analysis of the bibliographic material by using the visualization of similarities viewer software. The results show that researchers from all over the world publish regularly in the journal. Soft Computing is growing significantly during the last years, becoming one of the leading journals in the field.
KeywordsBibliometrics Web of Science h-Index VOS viewer
We would like to thank Vincenzo Loia and the anonymous reviewers for valuable comments that have improved the quality of the paper. Support from the Chilean Government through the Fondecyt Regular program (Project Number 1160286) and the FEDER funds under grant TIN2016-75850-R are gratefully acknowledged.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they do not have any conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants performed by any of the authors.
- Amiguet L, Gil-Lafuente AM, Kydland FE, Merigó JM (2017) One hundred and twenty-five years of the Journal of Political Economy: a bibliometric overview. J Political Econ 125(6) http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/journals/jpe/125-5
- Dhall R, Solanki VK (2017) An IoT based predictive connected car maintenance approach. Int J Interact Multimed Artif Intell 4:16–22Google Scholar
- Liao HC, Xu ZS, Herrera-Viedma E, Herrera F (2018b) Hesitant fuzzy linguistic term set and its application in decision making: a state-of-the art survey. Int J Fuzzy Syst. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40815-017-0432-9
- Podsakoff PM, MacKenzie SB, Podsakoff NP, Bachrach DG (2008) Scholarly influence in the field of management: a bibliometric analysis of the determinants of university and author impact in the management literature in the past quarter century. J Manag 34:641–720Google Scholar
- Pritchard A (1969) Statistical bibliography or bibliometrics? J Doc 25:348–349Google Scholar
- Settouti N, Bechar MEA, Chikh MA (2016) Statistical comparisons of the top 10 algorithms in data mining for classification task. Int J Interact Multimed Artif Intell 4:46–51Google Scholar
- Taibi A, Atmani B (2017) Combining fuzzy AHP with GIS and decision rules for industrial site selection. Int J Interact Multimed Artif Intell 4:60–69Google Scholar
- Tang M, Liao HC, Su SF (2018) A bibliometric overview and visualization of the International Journal of Fuzzy Systems between 2007 and 2017. Int J Fuzzy Syst (forthcoming)Google Scholar
- Wang W, Laengle S, Merigó JM, Yu D, Herrera-Viedma E, Cobo MJ, Bouchon-Meunier B (2018) A bibliometric analysis of the first twenty-five years of the International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems. Int J Uncertain Fuzziness Knowl-Based Syst 26:169–193Google Scholar