European Network of Trainees in Obstetrics and Gynaecology—ENTOG Exchange 2017: an experience report from Slovenia outlining the different trainee situations around Europe
- 58 Downloads
The European Network of Trainees in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ENTOG) is a non-profit, independent organisation that represents young trainees in obstetrics and gynaecology around Europe. At present, ENTOG has 32 member countries. The organisation was founded in 1997 and shall assure the exchange of experiences between young physicians all over Europe. The aim is to improve the quality of traineeship in all participating countries and consequently enhance the standards for women’s healthcare.
This article reports about the experiences of trainees during the ENTOG Exchange 2017 in Slovenia and gives an overview of the trainee situations in different ENTOG member countries.
The ENTOG exchange in Slovenia was a unique opportunity to get insights to the Slovenian medical system. Reflecting about their training situations, the participants found considerable differences in the training of young gynaecologists throughout Europe.
Working on the ENTOG goal of raising the quality of training is still highly relevant. The ENTOG exchange is an excellent way to build a network among trainees and stimulate their commitment to improve women’s healthcare in their home countries and beyond.
KeywordsENTOG European Network of Trainees Obstetrics and gynaecology EBCOG
NR: Project development, manuscript writing, review and editing, supervision—lead. PT: Writing the Finnish part; review and editing. IŠ and JK: Writing the Slovenian part. SK: Review and editing. MD’: Writing the Portuguese part. CS: Writing the Austrian part. MB: Writing the French part. DMB: Writing the Dutch part. JB: Writing the Lithuanian part. JP and LG: Revising the German part and text editing. RV: Project development, manuscript writing, review and editing, supervision—lead.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
All authors declare that there is no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors. This submission is a report about the experiences shared during the ENTOG Exchange 2017.
- 1.European Network of Trainees in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (2017) http://entog.eu/. Accessed June 2017
- 3.EBCOG European Board and College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (2017) http://www.ebcog.org/. Accessed June 2017
- 6.Medical Chamber of Slovenia (2017) https://www.zdravniskazbornica.si/en/medical-chamber-of-slovenia. Accessed June 2017
- 8.Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2017) https://www.rcog.org.uk/guidelines. Accessed June 2017
- 11.Rechtsinfomationssystem B (2017) Verordnung der Bundesministerin für Gesundheit über die Ausbildung zur Ärztin für Allgemeinmedizin/zum Arzt für Allgemeinmedizin und zur Fachärztin/zum Facharzt (Ärztinnen-/Ärzte-Ausbildungsordnung 2015—ÄAO 2015). http://www.ris.bka.gv.at/GeltendeFassung.wxe?Abfrage=Bundesnormen&Gesetzesnummer=20009186. Accessed Nov 2017
- 12.Erikoislääkärikoulutus Opinto-opas 2017–2018, 2018–2019 (2017) http://www.uta.fi/med/ammatillinenjatkokoulutus/erikoislaakarikoulutus/opintoopas/Erikoislääkärikoulutuksen%20opinto-opas%202017.pdf. Accessed Nov 2017
- 13.La Fédération Nationale des Collèges de Gynécologie Médicale (FNCGM) http://www.fncgm.com/qui-sommes-nous/la-gynecologie-medicale.html. Accessed Nov 2017
- 14.Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe e.V.—Weiterbildung—welche Institution ist die für mich geeignete? (2017) https://www.dggg.de/start/weiterbildung-dggg-nachwuchs/junges-forum/weiterbildung/. Accessed Nov 2017
- 15.Medical Academy of Lithuania (2017) https://www.dggg.de/start/weiterbildung-dggg-nachwuchs/junges-forum/weiterbildung/http://www.lsmuni.lt/media/dynamic/files/2137/akuerijosirginekologijosapraas.pdf. Accessed Nov 2017
- 16.Ministério da saúde—Diário da Republica, 1st série—No. 149-3 de Agosto de 2010. http://ordemdosmedicos.pt/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Ginecologia_Obstetr%C3%ADcia_Portaria_613_2010.pdf. Accessed Nov 2017