Integration of Zn-doped organic polymer nanocomposites between metal semiconductor structure to reveal the electrical qualifications of the diodes
- 82 Downloads
Schottky barrier diodes (SBDs) have been fabricated with pure and zinc (Zn) doped organic interfacial layer of polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) to form Au/PVA/n-GaAs and Au/PVA(Zn-doped)/n-GaAs structures. The electrical characterization of these SBDs have also been made using their current–voltage (I–V) characteristics data on both forward and reverse biases at room temperature. The main electrical parameters, such as ideality factor (n), barrier height (ΦBo), series resistance (Rs) and the voltage dependence resistance (Ri) have also been extracted from the I–V data to compare the Zn-doped and undoped polymer interfacial layer SBDs. The rectifying ratio values of Au/PVA/n-GaAs and Au/PVA(Zn-doped)/n-GaAs SBDs have been obtained as 105 and 107, respectively, at (± 2 V). Consequently, the comparison of the polymer interfacial layer SBDs indicates that the Zn-doped SBDs have given better results than the undoped SBDs when considering the main electrical parameters at room temperature.
KeywordsNanocomposite Schottky diode Polymer Interfacial Layer PVA
We thank Prof. İbrahim USLU, PhD, Department of Chemistry Education, Gazi University, for his advices, support and guidance during our study.
- 1.Sze SM (1981) Physics of semiconductor devices, 2nd edn. Willey, New York, pp 1–24Google Scholar
- 3.Demirezen S, Kaya A, Altındal Ş, Uslu İ (2017) The energy density distribution profile of interface traps and their relaxation times and capture cross sections of Au/GO-doped PrBaCoO nanoceramic/n-Si capacitors at room temperature. Polym Bull 74:3765. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00289-017-1925-2CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Gökçen M, Yıldırım M, Demir A, Allı A, Allı S, Hazer B (2014) UV illumination effects on electrical characteristics of metal–polymer–semiconductor diodes fabricated with new poly(propylene glycol)-b-polystyrene block copolymer. Compos Part B Eng. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2013.09.038Google Scholar
- 8.Çiçek O, Uslu Tecimer H, Tan SO, Tecimer H, Altındal Ş, Uslu I (2016) Evaluation of electrical and photovoltaic behaviours as comparative of Au/n-GaAs (MS) diodes with and without pure and Graphene (Gr)-doped polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) interfacial layer under dark and illuminated conditions. Compos Part B Eng. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2016.05.042Google Scholar
- 11.Mahendia S, Goyal PK, Tomar AK, Chahal RP, Kumar S (2016) Study of dielectric behavior and charge conduction mechanism of poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA)-copper (Cu) and Gold (Au) nanocomposites as a bio-resorbable material for organic electronics. J Electron Mater. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11664-016-4677-0Google Scholar
- 20.Çiçek O, Uslu Tecimer H, Tan SO, Tecimer H, Orak İ, Altındal Ş (2017) Synthesis and characterization of pure and graphene (Gr)-doped organic/polymer nanocomposites to investigate the electrical and photoconductivity properties of Au/n-GaAs structures. Compos Part B Eng. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2017.01.012Google Scholar
- 33.Rhoderick EH, Williams RH (1988) Metal–semiconductor contacts, 2nd edn. Clarendon, OxfordGoogle Scholar