Response to “Comments on mortality and cardiorespiratory complications in trochanteric femoral fractures: a ten year retrospective analysis”
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Ethics committee of the RWTH Aachen University Hospital, ethics approval EK 210/11.
Each author certifies that his or her institution approved the human protocol for this investigation, that all investigations were conducted in conformity with the ethical principles of research, and that informed consent for participation in the study was obtained.
All authors have been actively involved in the planning and enactment of the study, and have also assisted with the preparation of the submitted article. All co-authors have seen and agree with the contents of the manuscript and believe that the manuscript represents honest work. We certify that the submission is original work and is not under review at any other publication.
- 1.Ayubi E, Safiri S (2017) Comments on mortality and cardiorespiratory complications in trochanteric femoral fractures: a ten year retrospective analysis. Int Orthop. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-017-3668-y
- 3.Hosmer DW, Lemeshow S (2005) Applied logistic regression, 2nd edn. John Wiley & Sons, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.Knobe M, Siebert CH (2014) Hip fractures in the elderly: osteosynthesis versus joint replacement. Orthopade 43(4):314-324Google Scholar
- 5.Knobe M, Gradl G, Buecking B, Gackstatter S, Sönmez TT, Ghassemi A et al (2015) Locked minimally invasive plating versus fourth generation nailing in the treatment of AO/OTA 31A2.2 fractures: a biomechanical comparison of PCCP(®) and Intertan nail(®). Injury 46(8):1475-1482Google Scholar
- 6.Knobe M, Nagel P, Maier KJ, Gradl G, Buecking B, Sönmez TT et al (2016) Rotationally stable screw-anchor with locked trochanteric stabilizing plate versus proximal femoral nail Antirotation in the treatment of AO/OTA 31A2.2 fracture: a biomechanical evaluation. J Orthop Trauma 30(1):e12-e18Google Scholar
- 7.Knobe M, Altgassen S, Maier KJ, Gradl-Dietsch G, Kaczmarek C, Nebelung S et al (2017) Screw-blade fixation systems in Pauwels three femoral neck fractures: a biomechanical evaluation. Int Orthop. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-017-3587-y
- 9.Knobe M, Gradl G, Ladenburger A, Tarkin IS, Pape HC (2013) Unstable intertrochanteric femur fractures: is there a consensus on definition and treatment in Germany? Clin Orthop Relat Res 471(9):2831–2840Google Scholar