Regularity of weak solutions to the model Venttsel problem for linear parabolic systems with nonsmooth in time principal matrix: A(t)-caloric approximation method
- 55 Downloads
We consider the model Venttsel type problem for linear parabolic systems of equations. The Venttsel type boundary condition is fixed on the flat part of the lateral surface of a given cylinder. It is defined by a parabolic operator (with respect to the tangential derivatives) and the conormal derivative. The Hölder continuity of every weak solution of the problem is proved under optimal assumptions on the data. In particular, only boundedness in the time variable of the principal matrices of the system and the boundary operator is assumed. All results are obtained by so-called A(t)-caloric approximation method (Arkhipova et al. in Nonlinear Anal 95:421–435, 2014).
Mathematics Subject Classification35K55
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The author’s research has been financially supported by the Russian Fond of the Basic Research (RFBR), Grant 15-01-07650. The author wish to thank the referee for a careful reading of the paper and for numerous helpful comments.
- 2.Arkhipova, A.A., Lukina, A.A.: Estimates for solutions to the model Venttsel problem in Campanato spaces. [in Russian], Probl. Mat. Anal. 70, 47–56 (2013); English transl.: J. Math. Sci., New York, 191(2), 150–161 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Arkhipova, A.A., Lukina, A.A.: Regularity of weak solutions to the model Venttsel problem for linear divergence elliptic operators in Campanato spaces [in Russian]. Probl. Mat. Anal. 72, (2013), 39–50; English transl.: J. Math. Sci., New York, 195(5), (2013) 609–621Google Scholar
- 4.Arkhipova, A.A.: Partial regularity of solutions to the model Venttsel problem for quasilinear elliptic systems with quadratic nonlinearity in the gradient. [in Russian], Probl. Mat. Anal., 82, (2015), 15–30; English transl.: J. Math. Sci., New York, 210(5), (2015), 571–589Google Scholar
- 5.Arkhipova, A.A.: Partial regularity of weak solutions to the model Venttsel problem for quasilinear elliptic systems of equations. [in Russian], Probl. Mat. Anal., 75, (2014), 3–20; English trans.: J. Math. Sci., New York 198(6), (2014), 655–676Google Scholar
- 18.Giaquinta, M., Martinazzi, L.: An introduction to the regularity theory for elliptic systems. Harmonic Maps and Minimal Graphs. Scuola Norm. Super, Pisa (2012)Google Scholar
- 23.Ladyzhenskaya, O.A., Solonnikov, V.A., Uraltseva, N.N.: Linear and Quasilinear Equations of Parabolic Type. Translations of Math. Monographs, 23, AMS (1967)Google Scholar
- 25.Ventsel, A.D.: On the boundary conditions for multi-dimensional diffusion process. Teor. Veroyat. Prim 4(2), 172–185 (1959). (in Russian) Google Scholar