Counting three-point G-covers with a given special G-deformation datum
- 37 Downloads
We correct an erroneous description of an automorphism group from ‘Three point covers with bad reduction’ by Wewers. The cardinality of the automorphism group is used in a counting formula for the number of three-point covers in characteristic zero with the same fibre in characteristic p. We consider the consequences for the counting formula resulting from the new description of the automorphism group, and also consider two families of examples in order to illustrate how the counting formula is related to the action of the inertia group at p on three-point covers of order strictly divisible by p.
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)14H30 11G20
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bouw, I.I., Wewers, S.: Stable reduction of modular curves. In: Modular Curves and Abelian Varieties, Progress in Mathematics, vol. 224, pp.1–22. Birkhäuser, Basel (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Grothendieck, A.: Revêtements étale et groupe fondamental. Lecture Notes in Math, vol. 224. Springer, Heidelberg (1971)Google Scholar
- 4.Huppert, B.: Endliche Gruppen 1. Grundlehren Math. Wiss, vol. 134. Springer, Berlin (1967)Google Scholar
- 6.Selander, B.: Arithmetic of three-point covers. PhD thesis, Department of Mathematics at Uppsala University (2007) (Paper I is joint work with A. Strömbergsson)Google Scholar
- 7.Serre, J.-P.: Local fields. Grad. Texts in Math., vol. 67. Springer, Berlin (1979)Google Scholar