A variant of Néron models over curves
- 61 Downloads
We study a variant of the Néron models over curves which has recently been found by the second named author in a more general situation using the theory of Hodge modules. We show that its identity component is a certain open subset of an iterated blow-up along smooth centers of the Zucker extension of the family of intermediate Jacobians and that the total space is a complex Lie group over the base curve and is Hausdorff as a topological space. In the unipotent monodromy case, the image of the map to the Clemens extension coincides with the Néron model defined by Green, Griffiths and Kerr. In the case of families of Abelian varieties over curves, it coincides with the Clemens extension, and hence with the classical Néron model in the algebraic case (even in the non-unipotent monodromy case).
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)14D07 32G20 14K30
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Beilinson, A., Bernstein, J., Deligne, P.: Faisceaux pervers, Astérisque, vol. 100, Soc. Math. France, Paris (1982)Google Scholar
- 2.Brosnan, P., Pearlstein, G., Saito, M.: A generalization of the Néron models of Green, Griffiths and Kerr, preprint (arXiv:0809.5185)Google Scholar
- 4.Deligne, P.: Equations différentiellesà points singuliers réguliers, Lect. Notes in Math. vol. 163, Springer, Berlin, 1970Google Scholar
- 6.El Zein, F., Zucker, S.: Extendability of normal functions associated to algebraic cycles. In topics in transcendental algebraic geometry. Ann. Math. Stud. vol. 106, pp. 269–288. Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ (1984)Google Scholar
- 7.Green, M., Griffiths, P., Kerr, M.: Neron models and boundary components for degenerations of Hodge structures of mirror quintic type. In: Alexeev, V. (ed.) Curves and Abelian Varieties. Contemp. Math. vol. 465, pp. 71–145, AMS, USA (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Okonek, C., Schneider, M., Spindler, H.: Vector bundles on complex projective spaces. Progress in Mathematics, Vol. 3, Birkhäuser Boston, MA (1980)Google Scholar
- 12.Saito, M.: Hausdorff property of the Néron models of Green, Griffiths and Kerr, preprint (arXiv:0803.2771)Google Scholar
- 13.Schnell, C.: Complex analytic Néron models for arbitrary families of intermediate Jacobians, preprint (arXiv:0910.0662)Google Scholar
- 14.Young, A.: Complex analytic Néron models for degenerating Abelian varieties over higher dimensional parameter spaces, Ph. D. Thesis, Princeton University, NJ, Sept 2008Google Scholar