Braces and the Yang–Baxter Equation
- 486 Downloads
Several aspects of relations between braces and non-degenerate involutive set-theoretic solutions of the Yang–Baxter equation are discussed and many consequences are derived. In particular, for each positive integer n a finite square-free multipermutation solution of the Yang–Baxter equation with multipermutation level n and an abelian involutive Yang–Baxter group is constructed. This answers a problem of Gateva-Ivanova and Cameron. It is proved that finite non-degenerate involutive set-theoretic solutions of the Yang–Baxter equation whose associated involutive Yang–Baxter group is abelian are multipermutation solutions. Earlier the authors proved this with the additional square-free hypothesis on the solutions. It is also proved that finite square-free non-degenerate involutive set-theoretic solutions associated to a left brace are multipermutation solutions.
KeywordsNormal Subgroup Quantum Group Nilpotent Group Semidirect Product Radical Ring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Cedó F., Jespers E., Jespers E., del Río: Involutive Yang-Baxter groups. Trans. Am. Math. Soc. 362, 2541–2558 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Drinfeld, V.G.: On unsolved problems in quantum group theory. Quantum Groups, Lecture Notes Math. 1510, pp. 1–8. Springer, Berlin (1992)Google Scholar
- 8.Gateva-Ivanova, T.: Regularity of skew-polynomial rings with binomial relations, Talk at the International Algebra Conference, Miskolc (1996)Google Scholar
- 16.Jespers E., Okniński J.: Noetherian Semigroup Rings. Springer, Dordrecht (2007)Google Scholar
- 17.Kassel, C.: Quantum Groups, Graduate Text in Mathematics 155. Springer, New York (1995)Google Scholar
- 23.Rump, W.: Modules over braces. Algebra Discr. Math. 127–137 (2006)Google Scholar
- 28.Rump, W.: Addendum to “Generalized radical rings, unknotted biquandles, and quantum groups” (Colloq. Math. 109 (2007), 85–100), Colloq. Math. 117 (2009), 295–298Google Scholar
- 29.Sysak, Y.P.: Product of group and the quantum Yang-Baxter equation, notes of a talk in Advances in Group Theory and Applications, Porto Cesareo (2011)Google Scholar