Vanishing sequences and Okounkov bodies
- 334 Downloads
We define and study the vanishing sequence along a real valuation of sections of a line bundle on a normal projective variety. Building on previous work of the first author with Huayi Chen, we prove an equidistribution result for vanishing sequences of large powers of a big line bundle, and study the limit measure; in particular, the latter is described in terms of restricted volumes for divisorial valuations. We also show on an example that the associated concave function on the Okounkov body can be discontinuous at boundary points.
We are grateful to Bo Berndtsson, Lawrence Ein, Patrick Graf, Daniel Greb, and Rob Lazarsfeld for helpful discussions. During this project, Sébastien Boucksom was partially supported by the ANR projects MACK and POSITIVE. Alex Küronya was supported in part by the DFG-Forschergruppe 790 “Classification of Algebraic Surfaces and Compact Complex Manifolds”, and the OTKA Grants 77476 and 81203 by the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. Tomasz Szemberg’s research was partly supported by NCN grant UMO-2011/01/B/ ST1/04875. Catriona Maclean was supported by the ANR project CLASS. Part of this work was done while the second author was visiting the Uniwersytet Pedagogiczny in Cracow, and while the second and third authors were visiting the Université Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris. We would like to use this opportunity to thank Anreas Höring for the invitation to UPMC and both institutions for the excellent working conditions.
- 2.Boucksom, S.: Corps d’Okounkov. Séminaire Bourbaki 1059 (2012). http://www.math.jussieu.fr/boucksom/publis.html. Accessed 27 Aug 2014
- 5.Boucksom, S., Favre, Ch., Jonsson, M.: A refinement of Izumi’s Theorem. Preprint. arXiv:1209.4104 (2012)
- 12.Favre, C., Jonsson, M.: The Valuative Tree. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 1853. Springer, Berlin (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Harris, J., Morrison, I.: Moduli of Curves. Graduate Texts in Mathematics, 187. Springer, New York (1998)Google Scholar
- 18.Lazarsfeld, R.: Positivity in Algebraic Geometry. I–II. Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete, vols. 48–49. Springer, Berlin, (2004)Google Scholar
- 20.Székelyhidi, G.: Filtrations and test configurations (preprint). arXiv:1111.4986 (2011)
- 22.Zariski, O., Samuel, P.: Commutative Algebra. vol. II. Reprint of the 1960 Edition. Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol. 29. Springer, New York, Heidelberg (1975)Google Scholar