Metalock crack sanation
This paper describes the successful repair of a crack occurring at a centrifugal pump housing, by applying the Metalock joining procedure. The crack was analyzed and the appropriate Metalock key was selected for the repair. The selection of the most appropriate Metalock joining key was based on empirical parameters and on the tensile test results. Final results of the repair were checked by a pressure test. Furthermore, this paper closely describes the applied Metalock joining procedure, the appearance of joint macrostructure, tensile properties of the selected Metalock repair key, and the appearance of the repaired centrifugal pump housing.
KeywordsMetalock Crack Cast iron Metalock keys Repair
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Friedrich Gülich J (2007) Centrifugal pumps. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, VilleneuveGoogle Scholar
- 5.X.-m. Guo, Z.-c. Zhu, G.-p. Shi i Y. Huang, Effects of rotational speeds on the performance of a centrifugal pump with a variable-pitch inducer, J Hydrodyn, Vol. 29, Issue 5, pp. 854–862, October 2017Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. K. Odnegard, Analysis of strains in cast iron joints using, Goteborg, Sweden: Chalmers University of Technology, pp. 1–54, 2011Google Scholar
- 8.Žuk M, Gorka J, Dojka R Czuprynski IA (2017) Repair welding of cast iron coated electrodes, ModTech2017 International Conference, Sibiu, Romania, pp. 1–7Google Scholar
- 11.Eurs N (2013) Metal stitch reconditioning analysis, Vaasa: Novia University of Appl Sci, pp.1–51Google Scholar
- 12.Reed GJ (2010) Repairing damaged castings for heavy-duty applications, Engine professional, pp. 20–27Google Scholar
- 13.Krneta M, Samardžić I, Ivandić Ž, Marić D (2018) Joining materials by metalock repair method, Metalurgija, Vol 57, No.1-2Google Scholar
- 14.Krneta M (2017) Application procedure Metalock connections material, Slavonski Brod: Strojarski fakultet u Slavonskom Brodu,. URN:https://urn.nsk.hr/urn:nbn:hr:153:020916
- 16.Taşliçukur Z, Altuğ GS, Polat Ş, Atapek ŞH, Türedi IE (2012) Characterization of microstructure and fracture behavior of GG20 and GG25 cast iron materials used in valves, u METAL 2012, Brno, Czech Republic, EU, 23 - 25. 5Google Scholar