Interpretable groups in Mann pairs
- 12 Downloads
In this paper, we study an algebraically closed field \(\Omega \) expanded by two unary predicates denoting an algebraically closed proper subfield k and a multiplicative subgroup \(\Gamma \). This will be a proper expansion of algebraically closed field with a group satisfying the Mann property, and also pairs of algebraically closed fields. We first characterize the independence in the triple \((\Omega , k, \Gamma )\). This enables us to characterize the interpretable groups when \(\Gamma \) is divisible. Every interpretable group H in \((\Omega ,k, \Gamma )\) is, up to isogeny, an extension of a direct sum of k-rational points of an algebraic group defined over k and an interpretable abelian group in \(\Gamma \) by an interpretable group N, which is the quotient of an algebraic group by a subgroup \(N_1\), which in turn is isogenous to a cartesian product of k-rational points of an algebraic group defined over k and an interpretable abelian group in \(\Gamma \).
KeywordsModel theory Stability Mann pairs
Mathematics Subject Classification03C45
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ben Yaacov, I., Pillay, A., Vassilliev, E.: Lovely pairs of models. Ann. Pure Appl. Log. 122, 235–261 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Fried, M.D., Jarden, M.: Field Arithmetic. A Series of Modern Surveys in Mathematics. Springer, Berlin (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Göral, H.: Model theory of fields and heights. Ph.D. Thesis, Lyon (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Göral, H.: Tame expansions of \(\omega \)-stable theories and definable groups. Notre Dame J. Form. Log. (accepted)Google Scholar
- 8.Hrushovski, E.: Contributions to stable model theory. Ph.D. Thesis, Berkeley (1986)Google Scholar
- 14.Pillay, A.: Imaginaries in pairs of algebraically closed fields. Ann. Pure Appl. Log. 146, 13–20 (2007)Google Scholar
- 15.Pillay, A.: Geometric Stability Theory, Oxford Logic Guides, no. 33. Oxford University Press, Oxford (1996)Google Scholar
- 16.Poizat, B.: Groupes Stables (1987). Traduction Anglaise: Stable groups. Mathematical Surveys and Monographs, 87. Amer. Math. Soc., Providence (2001)Google Scholar
- 18.Tent, K., Ziegler, M.: A Course in Model Theory: Lecture Notes in Logic. ASL (2012)Google Scholar
- 22.Wagner, F.: Stable Groups. Lecture Notes of the London Mathematical Society 240. Cambridge University Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar