Super-Quantum Mechanics in the Integral Form Formalism
- 35 Downloads
We reformulate super-quantum mechanics in the context of integral forms. This framework allows to interpolate between different actions for the same theory, connected by different choices of picture changing operators (PCO). In this way we retrieve component and superspace actions and prove their equivalence. The PCO are closed integral forms and can be interpreted as super-Poincaré duals of bosonic submanifolds embedded into a supermanifold. We use them to construct Lagrangians that are top integral forms, and therefore can be integrated on the whole supermanifold. The \(D=1, N=1\) and the \(D=1, N=2\) cases are studied, in a flat and in a curved supermanifold. In this formalism, we also consider coupling with gauge fields, Hilbert space of quantum states, and observables.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Varadarajan, V.S.: Supersymmetry for Mathematicians: An introduction Courant Lectures Notes. American Mathematical Society, Providence (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Witten, E.: Notes on Supermanifolds and Integration. arXiv:1209.2199 [hep-th]
- 7.Witten, E.: Superstring Perturbation Theory Revisited. arXiv:1209.5461 [hep-th]
- 10.Belopolsky, A.: Picture changing operators in supergeometry and superstring theory. arXiv:hep-th/9706033
- 11.Castellani, L., Catenacci, R., Grassi, P.A.: Integral representations on supermanifolds: super Hodge duals, PCOs and Liouville forms. Lett. Math. Phys. (2016). arXiv:1603.01092 [hep-th]
- 12.Voronov, T.: Geometric Integration Theory on Supermanifolds. Soviet Scientific Review, Section C: Mathematical Physics, Part 1 (Second Edition 2014), vol. 9. Harwood Academic Publisher, Chur (1991)Google Scholar
- 14.Castellani, L., Catenacci, R., Grassi, P.A.: JHEP10, 049, The integral form of supergravity (2016). arXiv:1607.05193 [hep-th]
- 17.Voronov, T.: On Volumes of Classical Supermanifolds. arXiv:1503.06542v1 [math.DG]
- 18.Sorokin, D.P.: Superbranes and superembeddings. Phys. Rept. 329, 1 (2000)Google Scholar