Contact open books with exotic pages
- 104 Downloads
We consider a fixed contact 3-manifold that admits infinitely many compact Stein fillings which are all homeomorphic but pairwise non-diffeomorphic. Each of these fillings gives rise to a closed contact 5-manifold described as a contact open book whose page is the filling at hand and whose monodromy is the identity symplectomorphism. We show that the resulting infinitely many contact 5-manifolds are all diffeomorphic but pairwise non-contactomorphic. Moreover, we explicitly determine these contact 5-manifolds.
Mathematics Subject Classification57R17
KeywordsOpen books Contact structures Stein fillings Exotic 4-manifolds
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Akbulut and K. Yasui, Infinitely many small exotic Stein fillings, J. Symplectic Geom., to appear.Google Scholar
- 2.S. Akbulut and K. Yasui, Contact 5-manifolds admitting open books with exotic pages, arXiv:1502.06118.
- 3.A. Akhmedov et al., A note on Stein fillings of contact manifolds. Math. Res. Lett. 15 (2008), 1127–1132.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Barden, Simply connected five-manifolds, Ann. of Math. (2) 82 (1965), 365–385.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Cieliebak and Y. Eliashberg, From Stein to Weinstein and back. Symplectic geometry of affine complex manifolds, American Mathematical Society Colloquium Publications, 59. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2012.Google Scholar
- 7.F. Ding, H. Geiges, and O. van Koert, Diagrams for contact 5-manifolds, J. Lond. Math. Soc. (2) 86 (2012), 657–682.Google Scholar
- 9.E. Giroux, Géométrie de contact: de la dimension trois vers les dimensions supérieures, (French) [Contact geometry: from dimension three to higher dimensions] Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians, Vol. II (Beijing, 2002), 405-414, Higher Ed. Press, Beijing, 2002.Google Scholar
- 10.R. E. Gompf, Handlebody construction of Stein surfaces, Ann. of Math. (2) 148 (1998), 619–693.Google Scholar
- 11.B. Ozbagci, On the topology of fillings of contact 3-manifolds, Geometry & Topology Monographs Vol. 19., to appear.Google Scholar