On Developable Ruled Surfaces in Minkowski Space
- 269 Downloads
The aim of this study is to obtain the distribution parameter of a ruled surface generated by a straight line in Frenet trihedron moving along two different spacelike curves with the same parameter. At this time, the Frenet frames of these curves are not the same. We have moved the director vector of the first curve along the second curve. It is shown that the ruled surface is developable if and only if the base curve is helix. In addition, some results and theorems are presented with special cases.
KeywordsFrenet frame spacelike curve timelike vector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hacısalihoğlu H.H.: Differential Geometri. Ankara Üniversitesi, Fen Fakültesi (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.H. H. Hacısalihoğlu, Differential Geometri-II. A Ü., Fen Fak., 1994.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Lopez, Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces in Lorentz-Minkowski Space. \(\tt[arXiv:0810.3351v1]\) math.DG.Google Scholar
- 6.Özyılmaz E., Yaylı Y., (2000) On the Closed Motions and Closed Spacelike Ruled Surfaces. Commun. Fac. Sci. Univ. Ank. Ser. A1 Math. Stat. 49: 49-58Google Scholar
- 8.Yaylı Y., Saracoglu S., On Developable Ruled Surfaces. Advances in Geometry (submitted).Google Scholar