Profiles of the concentrations of components along the column height at different liquid holdup distributions in distillation of binary and ternary mixtures
- 26 Downloads
The distribution of components along the distillation column height in distillation of binary and ternary mixtures is studied at different profiles of liquid holdup in the system. It is shown that physical modeling of continuous and batch distillation at infinite reflux ratio without taking into account the liquid holdup distribution may be inadequate to the real process. Equations for the curvilinear equilibrium line are proposed, which relate the number of transfer units, the number of theoretical separation stages, and the component concentration.
KeywordsPhysical Modeling Ternary Mixture Component Concentration Distillation Column Real Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Subawalla, H. and Fair, J.R., Design Guidelines for Solid-Catalyzed Reactive Distillation Systems, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 1999, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 3696–3709.Google Scholar
- 2.Krishnamurthy, R. and Taylor, R., A Nonequilibrium Stage Model of Multicomponent Separation Processes: II. Comparison with Experiment, AIChE J., 1985, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 456–465.Google Scholar
- 3.Kirschbaum, E., Destillier-und Rektifiziertechnik, Berlin: Springer, 1969.Google Scholar
- 4.Astarita, G., Mass Transfer with Chemical Reaction, Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1967. Translated under the title Massoperedacha s khimicheskoi reaktsiei, Moscow: Khimiya, 1971.Google Scholar
- 5.Perry, J.H., Chemical Engineer’s Handbook, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1963. Translated under the title Spravochnik inzhenera-khimika, Moscow: Khimiya, 1971.Google Scholar
- 6.Kafarov, V.V., Osnovy massoperedachi (Principles of Mass Transfer), Moscow: Vyssh. Shkola, 1979.Google Scholar
- 7.Stichlmair, J.G. and Fair, J.R., Distillation: Principles and Practices, New York: Wiley-VCH, 1998.Google Scholar
- 8.Dil’man, V.V., Lotkhov, V.A., Glagoleva, A.A., Kvashnin, S. Ya., and Kulov, N.N., Dynamics of Unsteady-State Distillation Combined with Transesterification in the Liquid Phase, Teor. Osn. Khim. Tekhnol., 2002, vol. 36, no. 3, p. 248 [Theor. Found. Chem. Eng. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 222–229].Google Scholar
- 9.Dil’man, V.V., Lotkhov, V.A., Lipatova, A.A., Kvashnin, S. Ya., and Kulov, N.N., Dynamics of Unsteady-State Catalytic Distillation in a Packed Column with a Varied Length of the Reaction Zone, Teor. Osn. Khim. Tekhnol., 2003, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 594–604 [Theor. Found. Chem. Eng. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 557–567].Google Scholar