Synthesis and bromination of 8-methylquinoline-5-carboxylic acid
- 35 Downloads
8-Methylquinoline-5-carboxylic acid was obtained by the Skraup reaction from 3-amino-p-toluic acid or by hydrolysis of 5-cyano-8-methylquinoline. The latter was synthesized by the Rosenmund-von Braun reaction from 5-bromo-8-methylquinoline, which was obtained by bromination of 8-methylquinoline in the presence of silver sulfate. Bromination in the side chain of 8-methylquinoline-5-carboxylic acid and its nitrile was studied.
KeywordsSulfate Hydrolysis Organic Chemistry Nitrile Silver Sulfate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. K. Shatemirova, G. A. Davydova, I. V. Verevkina, and A. I. Tochilkin, Vopr. Med. Khim., 23, 609 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.W. Miller, Ber., 23, 2262 (1890).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Lellman and H. Alt, Ann., 237, 308 (1887).Google Scholar
- 4.G. I. Mikhailov, Tr. IREA, 18, 51 (1941).Google Scholar
- 5.Ya. I. Gur'yan and Yu. A. Vakhrushev, Zh. Anal. Khim., 16, 485 (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.P. B. D. De la Mare, M. Kiamud-din, and J. H. Ridd, J. Chem. Soc., 561 (1960).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Gilman and S. M. Spatz, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 63, 1553 (1941).Google Scholar
- 8.O. Werner and F. Vögtle, Synthesis, 4, 272 (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.J. N. Ospenson, Acta Chem. Scand., 4, 1351 (1950).Google Scholar
- 10.G. Ganguli, J. Indian Chem. Soc., 11, 197 (1934).Google Scholar
- 11.T. Ukai, S. Hashimoto, and M. Higashi, J. Pharm. Soc. Jpn., 48, 371 (1928).Google Scholar