Structural, SEM and dielectric properties of PLZT
- 67 Downloads
Powder of lanthanum-modified lead zirconate titanate (PLZT) with the composition La/Zr/Ti=8/65/35, was synthesized from aqueous nitrate solutions. A single-phase PLZT was obtained at ∼550 °C. The reactivity of the powder during low-temperature heating was determined using X-ray diffraction and various thermal analysis techniques. The dielectric properties of the compound were also studied at 1 and 10 kHz frequency from room temperature to 200 °C. Diffuse phase transition (DPT) in the material was observed around 136 °C at 1 kHz. An increase in peak-permittivity temperature (i.e. the transition temperature) with increasing frequency (a characteristic of relaxor ferroelectrics) was also observed.
KeywordsNitrate Zirconate Phase Transition Titanate Thermal Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Jaffe, R. S. Roth andS. Marzulla,J. Res. Nat. Bur. Stand. US 55 (1955) 239.Google Scholar
- 2.K. Kakegama, J. Mohri, K. Takahashi, H. Yamamura andS. Shivasaki,Solid State Commun. 24 (1977) 769.Google Scholar
- 3.J. V. Biggers, D. L. Hankey andL. Takay, “Material Science Research” Vol. I, edited by H. Palmour III R. F. Davis and T. M. Hare (Plenum Press, New York, 1978) p. 335.Google Scholar
- 4.Y. S. Kim andR. J. Hart,ibid.“, p. 323.Google Scholar
- 5.D. A. Buckner andP. D. Wilcox,Amer. Ceram. Soc. Bull. 51 (1972) 218.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Aitkens, PhD thesis, University of California, Berkeley, CA (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.G. Borchhardt, J. Von Cieminski andG. Schimdt,Phys. Status Solidi (a)59 (1980) 749.Google Scholar
- 8.J. Thomson Jr,Amer. Ceram. Soc. Bull. 53 (1974) 421.Google Scholar
- 9.Rajiv Dayal, Ch. Durga Prasad andRamji Lal,Mater. Res. Bull. 25 (1990) 1339.Google Scholar