CAD Tool Simulates and Evaluates GPS Receiver Designs
- 75 Downloads
A new computer-aided design (CAD) program called Falcon 3.0 has been created to simulate and evaluate receiver designs. This CAD tool aims to solve tasks at the design stage of navigation receivers that operate with signals from Navigational Satellite Time and Ranging (NAVSTAR) and Global Navigational Satellite System (GLONASS). Specific tasks include:
· Defining the receiver frequency plan (frequencies of oscillators and filters that guarantee accuracy of the receiver)
· Specifying parameters for the digital processing of received signal
· Computing interpath and interchannel biases
· Computing statistical characteristics of correlation signals I, Q, dl, and dQ
· Calculating noise and multipath errors of measurements
· Determeining energy losses
This CAD tool has been used in the design of receivers such as Javad Positioning Systems (JPS) Legacy, Regency, Odyssey, and Eurocard and in the prediction of their accuracy. It has been shown that experimental and predicted data agree well. © 2000 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
KeywordsEnergy Loss Receive Signal Statistical Characteristic Position System Specific Task
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.