Prediction for CP violation via electric dipole moment of τ lepton in γγ → τ + τ − process at CLIC
- 101 Downloads
Pair production of tau leptons in two photon collision γγ → τ + τ − is studied at CLIC to test CP violating QED couplings of tau leptons. CP violating effects are investigated using tau pair spin correlations which are observed through the hadronic decay of each τ into πν. Competitive bounds with previous works on the electric dipole moment from CP odd terms have been obtained.
KeywordsBeyond Standard Model CP violation
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- S.M. Barr and A. Zee, Electric Dipole Moment of the Electron and of the Neutron, Phys. Rev. Lett. 65 (1990) 21 [Erratum ibid. 65 (1990) 2920] [INSPIRE].
- S.M. Barr and W.J. Marciano, Electric Dipole Moments, in CP Violation, C. Jarlskog ed., World Scientific, Singapore (1989), pg. 455.Google Scholar
- J.C. Pati and A. Salam, Lepton Number as the Fourth Color, Phys. Rev. D 10 (1974) 275 [Erratum ibid. D 11 (1975) 703] [INSPIRE].
- L3 collaboration, M. Acciarri et al., Measurement of the anomalous magnetic and electric dipole moments of the tau lepton, Phys. Lett. B 434 (1998) 169 [INSPIRE].
- Y.-S. Tsai, Decay Correlations of Heavy Leptons in e + e − → l + l −, Phys. Rev. D 4 (1971) 2821 [Erratum ibid. D 13 (1976) 771] [INSPIRE].
- V.M. Budnev, I.F. Ginzburg, G.V. Meledin and V.G. Serbo, The two photon particle production mechanism. Physical problems. Applications. Equivalent photon approximation, Phys. Rept. 15 (1975) 181 [INSPIRE].
- CLIC Study Team collaboration, H. Braun et al., CLIC 2008 parameters, CLIC-NOTE-764, http://www.clic-study.org.
- A. Stahl, Physics with Tau Leptons, Springer (2000).Google Scholar