Gauge contribution to the 1/N F expansion of the Yukawa coupling beta function
- 63 Downloads
We provide a closed analytical form for the gauge contribution to the beta function of a generic Yukawa coupling in the limit of large N F , where N F is the number of heavy vector-like fermions charged under an abelian or non-abelian gauge group. The resummed expression is finite and for the abelian case presents a pole at the same location as for the corresponding gauge beta function. When applied to new physics scenarios characterized by large Yukawa couplings, the contribution calculated here can cure their pathological UV behavior and make the couplings asymptotically free.
Keywords1/N Expansion Beyond Standard Model Renormalization Group
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- K.G. Wilson, Renormalization group and critical phenomena. 1. Renormalization group and the Kadanoff scaling picture, Phys. Rev. B 4 (1971) 3174 [INSPIRE].
- S. Weinberg, Ultraviolet divergences in quantum theories of gravitation, in General Relativity: An Einstein centenary survey, S.W. Hawking and W. Israel eds., Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1980), pp. 790-831 [INSPIRE].
- A. Palanques-Mestre and P. Pascual, The 1/N F Expansion of the γ and β-functions in QED, Commun. Math. Phys. 95 (1984) 277 [INSPIRE].
- M.E. Machacek and M.T. Vaughn, Two Loop Renormalization Group Equations in a General Quantum Field Theory. 2. Yukawa Couplings, Nucl. Phys. B 236 (1984) 221 [INSPIRE].
- S. Weinberg, The Quantum theory of fields. Vol. 1: Foundations, Cambridge University Press (2005).Google Scholar