Experimental study on turbulent characteristics of flow over sand rippled bed
In this paper the turbulent characteristics of flow in the open channel with a rippled bed were measured systematically in laboratory flume with an acoustic Doppler velocimeter (ADV) and observed by flow visualization with water dyeing. Based on the high-frequency turbulence signal collected, statistic parameters of turbulent characteristics of the open channel flow were calculated, compared and analyzed, the results of which reveals the significant influence of sand ripple on turbulent structure of flow over it.
Key wordsturbulent characteristics channel flow rippled bed sand ripple
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Zhang Zi-xiong, Dong Zheng-nan, Mechanics of viscous fluids[M], Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 1998, 422Google Scholar
- Nezu, Iehisa, Experimental study on turbulent structures in unsteady open-channel flows[C], Proceedings of the Symposium on Fundamentals and Advancements in Hydraulic Measurements and Experimentation, 1994(2), 185–194Google Scholar
- ZHAO Zhi-yong, DONG Shou-ping, DU Ya-nan, Experimental study on turbulent boundary layer characteristics over streamwise riblets [J], Journal of Hydrodynamics, Ser.B, 2004, 16(3): 350–355Google Scholar
- Wang, D., Wang, X., Velocity profiles of turbulent open channel flows[J], International Journal of Sediment Research, 2001, 16(1):36–44Google Scholar
- Qian Ning, Wan Zhao-hui, Mechanics of Sediment Movement[M], Beijing: Science Press, 1983: 140Google Scholar
- Yalin M. S., Mechanics of Sediment Transport[M], Pergamon Press, 1972: 290-300Google Scholar
- Bai Yu-chuan, Xu Dong, Zhangxueyan, Experimental study on turbulent structure characteristic and incipient velocity of sediment on alluvial bed in open channel[J], Progress in Natural Science, 2005, 15(4): 439–445Google Scholar
- Ozkurt, O., Khanbilvardi, R., Shteinman, B., Khazin, V., Some characteristics of the interaction between turbulent flows and movable rippled bottom in the river mouth[C], Seventh International Conference on Computational Modeling of Free and Moving Boundary Problems, Santa Fe, NM, United States, 2004, 10: 139–148Google Scholar