Ironmaking in the Stora rotary furnace
- 3 Downloads
The reduction of fine ore to pig iron in a rotating furnace through the use of oxygen, a carbonaceous reducing agent, and an appropriate flux is described. The principles of the process are discussed, and the results of experimental runs in a 3- and a 30-ton furnace are reported. An outline of the plans for constructing a 5-tph commercial-scale plant at Domnarvet, Sweden, is included.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bo Kalling and Polke Johansson: Refining Pig Iron with Oxygen According to the Kaldo Process; Rev. Univ. des Mines, 1958, No. 12.Google Scholar
- 2.Folke Johansson: Swedish Oxygen Steelmaking; Journal of Metals, 1957, pp. 972–975.Google Scholar
- 3.Paul Rocquet and Jean Adam-Gironne: Bath-Slag Reactions in the Kaldo Process; Journal of Metals, 1962, pp. 502–504.Google Scholar
- 4.Folke Johansson and Bo Kalling: Economical Aspects of the Kaldo Process; Congrès International sur les Acieries à l’oxygène, Le Touquet, France, Sept. 1963.Google Scholar
- 5.Sven Eketorp: Considerations sur l’evaluation des procedes d’elaboration en Siderurgie; circulaire d’informations Techniques, 1954, pp. 1959–69.Google Scholar