Argon Casting for Improving Steel Quality
- 4 Downloads
Tests have shown that complete argon atmosphere protection of molten steel during ingot casting results in a 30 to 65 pet reduction in non-metallic inclusions, a decrease of 3 to 24 pet in conditioning losses, and a preservation of the effects of vacuum treatment.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. I. Malinovskii, A. N. Morozov: Izvestia Akad. Nauk. Otd. Tekh. Nauk, August, 1957, no. 8, pp. 102–108.Google Scholar
- 2.O. M. Margulis, A. G. Karaulov: Ogneupory, vol. 21, 1956, no. 6, pp. 253 258.Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Grigoryan, A. M. Samarin: Izvestia Akad. Nauk SSSR, OTN, March, 1954, no. 3, pp. 91–101.Google Scholar
- 4.M. P. Fedock: AIME Electric Furnace Proceedings, vol. 11, 1953, p. 269.Google Scholar
- 5.D. J. Carney, E. C. Rudolphy: AIME Electric Furnace Proceedings, vol. 11, 1953, p. 274.Google Scholar
- 6.L. F. Barnhardt, P. Adams: AIME Electric Furnace Proceedings, vol. 15, 1957, p. 142.Google Scholar
- 7.W. Wilson: Proceedings Vacuum Metallurgy Conference, New York University, June, 1960 [See also this issue Journal of Metals.]Google Scholar