Fundamental Criteria for Large Arc Furnace Power Supply Systems
- 5 Downloads
KeywordsPower System Power Factor Capacitor Bank Power Factor Correction Furnace Power
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Levoy, L. G., “Electric Power System Planning and Design for Industrial Plant and Commercial Building,” Industrial Power Systems Magazine, July 1963.Google Scholar
- 2.“Light Flicker Voltage Requirements,” G.E. Industrial Power Systems Data Book, 210, Jan. 2, 1951, p. 101.Google Scholar
- 3.Schwabe, W. E., and Robinson, C. G., “UHP: The Big Power Play in Arc Furnace Steelmaking,” 33 Magazine, September 1968.Google Scholar
- 4.Survey of Arc Furnace Installations on Power Systems and Resulting Lamp Flicker,” American Institute of Electrical Engineers Transactions, Paper No. 57-9, New York, 1957.Google Scholar
- 5.Mulcahy, J. A., and Ludbrook, A., “A New Flicker Correcting System For Arc Furnaces,” The Metallurgical Society of AIME, Electric Furnace Proceedings, 1966.Google Scholar
- 6.Concordia, C., Levoy, L. G., and Thomas, C. H., “Selection of Buffer Reactors and Synchronous Condensors on Power Systems Supplying Arc Furnace Loads, Applications & Industry, July 1957, reprinted by G. E., GER-1388, IE-1043, IE-1058.Google Scholar
- 7.Beeman, Donald, Ed., Industrial Power Systems Handbook, Mc-Graw Hill, New York, 1955.Google Scholar
- 8.“Guide for Safety in Alternating Current Substation Grounding,” Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Publication 80, March 1961.Google Scholar
© The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society 1971