An Opto-Electronic Sensor for Monitoring Glucose Concentration in Water
- 18 Downloads
The proposed sensor is based on monitoring the light scattered by the red particles of cuprous-oxide produced in the chemical reaction of glucose with Benedict’s reagent. The experimental set-up is based on of simple scattering phenomenon. Theoretical values are also calculated for a cubical particle of size 1.67 micron.
KeywordsGlucose Concentration Glucose Solution Ambient Medium Output Intensity Cuprous Oxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Shelly John, P. Radhakrishanan, V.P.N. Nampoori, C.P.G. Vallabhan, Proc. of International Conference of Fiber Optics and Photonics “PHOTONICS-96” pp. 367–369 (1996).Google Scholar
- 3.Pham V.H., Bui H., Hoang C. Dz, Phung H.A., Vu D.T. SIPE Vol. 3555, 0277-786, pp. 121–126 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.S. Hodorowicz, J. Gondek, M. Ciez and W. Zaraska, Proc of 1998 International Symposium on Microelectronics pp. 1001–1005 (1998).Google Scholar
- 6.L. M. Bali, R.K. Shukla, Anchal Srivastav, Atul Srivastav, B.C. Yadav and Mahendra Kumar. Proceedings of 5th National Seminar on Physics and Technology of Sensors “SENSORS-5”. C22–1 (February 2–4, 1998)Google Scholar
- 7.DR V.K. Malhotra, Practical Bio-Chemistry for students, Jaypee Brothers, Medical Publishers New Delhi, India (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.Electromagnetic Theory, Stratton p. 436(1941)Google Scholar